PDA

View Full Version : John Deere Walk-Behind: Question?

MOturkey
02-24-2010, 09:23 PM
I know little about walk-behind mowers in general, and even less about John Deere's, in particular so am asking some information on a used one my dealer took in on trade.

It is, I think, a ZD45? They had the original operatiing manual from the previous owner, and i know it listed two models, and I believe it was ZD 45 and ZD 75. It is a 36 inch, hydro, 17 horse Kawasaki with pistol grips. I believe he said it is a 2000 model, with, get this, 8.5 hours on it! Guy traded it and a really clean Craftsman rider in on a new zero turn. Don't know the particulars, but my gues is the guy bought the JD and didn't like using it, so it just sat in the garage.

Anyway, they want $1400 for it, which seems like a good price, but as I said, I know nothing about these mowers. I really can't afford another mower right now, after just buying a new Z, and my wife would probably kill me if I did buy it, but there is the occasional situation where a WB would be nice to have, partiicularly a 36.

Any info and thoughts on the price are appreciated. Thanks.

MOturkey
02-25-2010, 04:56 AM
No opinions?

dishboy
02-25-2010, 10:04 AM
If it is GS 15 or 30 . they are excellent with the timed blades. Just use the JD deck leveling tool and make sure the deck has not been damaged, I.E blades are level with each other with equal tire pressure.

clydebusa
02-25-2010, 10:39 AM
JD are good, good price, my personell preference is Toro, but hey the price is right for the hours.
Edited in, buy it use it, if you don't like it sell in May and make a little profit.