PDA

View Full Version : Customer Appreciation Day at Dealer

silverado212
02-24-2010, 10:51 PM
My local Scag/Ferris/Wright/Stihl dealer is having a Customer Appreciation Day tomorrow. I am not really in the market for a new mower, so not much to ask. Suppose to have reps there and FREE LUNCH. Anyone have any questions they would like to have answered? It would give me something to talk about.

JB1
02-24-2010, 10:56 PM
the local John Deere Landscapes had a seminair today with different reps talking about different products and lunch, was a nice morning. I was drawn for a bag seeder and my sons name was drawn for a stihl FS70 trimmer was a real good day.

sampler
02-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Heard Bad Boys has a customer appreciation days in Batesville AR in the next month or two where mowers can be bought at discounted prices.

Has anyones else heard about it?

mowerbrad
02-25-2010, 12:17 AM
One of my dealers has what they call "Commercial Day", which is pretty much a customer appreciation day for all of their commercial customers. They have free lunch and reps from the brands they carry. It's a good time to go out and ask the company reps questions directly, catch up/meet some of the other local LCO's, and of course take some equipment for a spin that they have available.

JayD
02-25-2010, 12:19 AM
My dealer had one today, exmark and echo had shirts,hats and jackets with a very nice lunch...Henthorn's are some really good folks. They are very good to there customers.

RCSindiana
02-25-2010, 12:36 AM
Man, I would of drove up for some free lunch and hats:cool2: Spent the day cruising some commercials to bid instead. Couldnt see for the snow blowing. I am ready for some spring weather.

MOHUSTLER
02-25-2010, 09:32 AM
We are thinking about having a customer app day. What are some of the things your dealers do for you guys at them. Its allways good to have ideas in the hat!
I was thinking about give away free trimmer/blower, hats, shirts, BBQ lunch. ext...

JB1
02-25-2010, 09:47 AM
We are thinking about having a customer app day. What are some of the things your dealers do for you guys at them. Its allways good to have ideas in the hat!
I was thinking about give away free trimmer/blower, hats, shirts, BBQ lunch. ext...

the one I went to had chemical reps, hardscaping and drainage reps, along with a local John deere dealer that had some equipment there, They also had a guy there from the D O T there that gave a presentation there and answered questions.

JayD
02-25-2010, 10:43 AM

Well the first thing they did was to mail out post cards to them letting them know the date and asked them to call in by a certain date if they are coming.

Then they had a couple reps come in, our's was exmark and echo, they were sponsors i guess because their names were on the shirts as well as our loco dealer.

Our dealer had a catered lunch, pulled pork, grilled chicken breast, buns, coleslaw, baked beans, green beans, mashed potato's to die for, cake, fresh fruit, soda, coffee and I know I'm forgetting a few things but it was really nice.

Every one who came in put there name and number in a box for nice gifts like really nice shirts from exmark and jackets, water bottles from echo, hats from both and a few other nice nice things.

Our dealer gave every one who came in a grab bag (bag had echo on it) with a shirt that they had made for the event. It had our loco dealers name on right chest, echo's name on the left chest, and a big design on the back with a guy using a echo trimmer on the grass and at the bottom it said Henthorns Commercial Cutters Club. It is a really cool shirt. The shirt was a good gliden shirt (not sure I spelled that right).
Also there was a nice exmark hat with our loco dealer's name on the back.

They had tables/chairs set up with little hard candies with echo's name on the wrapper laying on the tables. They had a couple of their workers taking up the empty plates,soda cans for people. They also had flyer's laying on the tables with specials on it.

It was really so nice of them to do a customer appreciation day and they do this every year. I'm sure exmark and echo may have put something into it, maybe at least on the give aways. I know the food had to cost them some good money. There were a lot of people there.

Every year they also give you a really nice gift at Christmas. There heart is really in it when it comes to their customers.

I just cant say enough about the folks at Henthorn Mower and Engine Service (317) 634-5678. They sell many brands and their service and parts is great too.

I never buy anything from on line that they sell even if it is cheaper because I feel it is important to do all my business with them so they can stay in business.........for me..

Thank you for letting me brag about our wonderful loco dealer...:usflag:

SouthSide Cutter
02-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Our Scag, Toro, Echo Stihl dealer just had a deal like that. Had Speakers for DOT and other things had all the equipment to run and test. Gave everybody and there was alot of people there 2 shirts 2 hats and some other stuff. Coffee, pop, donuts and a real nice diner and also gave away some door prizes. Scottys in Haubstadt In real nice folks.