PDA

View Full Version : has anybody tried flyering neighborhoods?

seolatlanta
02-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Ok I know I am probably going to get blasted for even bringing this up , but I was thinking of making a "guerilla " style flyer with a call to action , go to my website ( which is still under construction) and use the webpage I direct them to , hopefully to legitmatize my business even more.

I should note there are TONS of neighborhoods here in my area with homes $500k - $1mil , and 90% of those homes dont have lighting. I am trying to keep my budget low and do more specific targeting.

Any thoughts on this , anybody have any other suggestions to get customers? I could spend $3k on direct mail , but I am leary of that.

Basically I am just trying to get the phone to ring more without spending a boatload of cash.

I need some ideas !! Thanks fellas,

Classic Lighting
02-25-2010, 11:27 AM
I never have been a fan of flyers. IMO, flyers are for trunk slammers. I throw away everthing that is tossed on my property.
This year, I am advertising in community newsletters, networking my butt off, and signage at community gatherings/ charity events.
The best response so far has been through referrals. People talk..... a lot.

JoeyD
02-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Door Hangers and Demo's! Hard work but pays off!

seolatlanta
02-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Hey Classic ,

I have usually thought the same about flyers , but there are people that will buy from me if I could just get in front of them.

My business has run for years on referrals , but you still have to get some new customers every now and then too....

seolatlanta
02-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Hey Joey,

That is more what I was thinking Joey , door hangers and stuff like that. I have never been a demo guy , but I have enough spare fixtures to put together a demo kit.

I have been reading a lot of marketing/sales books lately and I really enjoy them. One key part for me is getting out of my comfort zone. Doing demos and door hangers is definitely out of my comfort zone!! lol

Check out Mitch Meyerson

JoeyD
02-25-2010, 12:04 PM
I have a Door Hanger template if you want it!

seolatlanta
02-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Would you send it to me? You have my email, thanks dude!

JoeyD
02-25-2010, 01:44 PM
you know it!!

worx
02-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Have you thought of email marketing vs. direct mail? I read an article recently that stated "when done right" emails have a 20% "open" rate. I have yet to check on specific rates but from scanning this article it seems to run between $20 - $50 per month. The costs may depend on how much of the design you do yourself and the size of email list......just something to think about.

Pro-Scapes
02-25-2010, 05:59 PM
what about the post card decks you have down there or does Matt and the other big guys have that tied up ? I know we deal with a few of the same competitors especially the line voltage guys/.

worx
02-25-2010, 06:16 PM
what about the post card decks you have down there or does Matt and the other big guys have that tied up ? I know we deal with a few of the same competitors especially the line voltage guys/.

Billy if you are referring this message to me buddy,....I am completely lost. If it's not intended for me just ignore this post.

Pro-Scapes
02-25-2010, 06:24 PM
It was for Dave.