PDA

View Full Version : Needed: Handy Edger

Dimple
02-25-2010, 01:42 PM
To date I have not put heavy money into light capital like trimmers and blowers. Hence, Craftsman and other models have done their share or work for me even though the cheap parts and pull ropes break time and again.

So what is a good little handy edger to get into for a nice end result? I prefer gas, inexpensive, dependable, and lightweight.

Thanks Lawnsite members, your opinions are very welcomed and always appreciated!

Dimple

rb0407
02-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Most of my 2-cycle stuff is Stihl; I bought a new Stihl edger gearbox for around $100 off eBay and just stuck it onto the end of one of my very old FS85 string trimmers. Works very well for me, and was a lot cheaper than buying a new one.

fritowrdo
02-27-2010, 04:54 PM
Tanaka TLE 600.

Pricey but sooo worth it.

N.TX
02-27-2010, 06:04 PM
You will spend more money in the long run trying to buy cheap equipment. I would rather buy a used piece of commercial equipment than a new piece of junk any day. So what you should do is get on craigslist and keep your eye out for some used commercial. You will usually find a good deal if you look everyday it shouldnt take you too long.