PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boy v. Hustler

derekarbeiter
02-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Okay guys i really need your advice. I'm looking at both a Hustler Super Z with the 31HP Kawi and 52" deck or a Bad Boy Lightning with a similar configuration. Advice please.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-26-2010, 01:46 PM
52" deck= a lot of weedeating. Get a 60" hustler... Something like 8" of trim... and fits any place a 52 will for the most part.

djagusch
02-26-2010, 03:05 PM
I would lead you to look at the hydro system pump and wheel motor size. Compare those and that should lead you in the right direction. Also compare standard features (ROPS, warranty, etc), why would a company sell without these?

But the main thing is demo both and see what cuts well for you. If it doesn't cut well then it won't be a good mower no matter what right?

JimQ
02-26-2010, 04:07 PM
...Also compare standard features (ROPS, warranty, etc), why would a company sell without these?...

Good advise.

It got me thinking. I was looking at their site and was surprised to see how much you have to pay for things that are standard on most other commercial machines.

Flat-Free caster tires - $179.90
ROPS - $495.00
Foot Pedal Kit - $373.14 ($179 factory option) - for those who like to have one

That really adds up.

The whole optional ROPS thing got me thinking further...

Another thing about BadBoy that surprises Is their decision not to comply with the voluntary ANSI safety standards that the rest of the industry has adopted. To my knowledge, Dixie Chopper is the only other OEM that doesn't comply.

I'm a little bit jealous. Their lack of compliance allows them to sell OCDC's like the ACS. I like the ACS but ANSI won't let an OEM get away with something like that.

They must not have had a bad safety / injury / roll-over related lawsuit yet. I'm sure when they do, they'll wish they had a safety certification to stand behind.

Q

dtc0207
02-26-2010, 08:34 PM
just remember you get what you pay for

Landscraper1
02-26-2010, 08:50 PM
As JimQ already knows, I am a big fan of Hustler mowers. But, I would never buy the 52" Super Z for the same reasons as Accu-cut, no trimming capacity on the left side of deck. Do as he said, go up to a 60" or if you definitely want a smaller deck. go with a 54"Z4. It's not in the same class but, has some trimming capacity.
I can't say much about the Bad Boy. No one in my area even sells them.

MOHUSTLER
02-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Good advise.

It got me thinking. I was looking at their site and was surprised to see how much you have to pay for things that are standard on most other commercial machines.

Flat-Free caster tires - $179.90
ROPS - $495.00
Foot Pedal Kit - $373.14 ($179 factory option) - for those who like to have one

That really adds up.

The whole optional ROPS thing got me thinking further...

Another thing about BadBoy that surprises Is their decision not to comply with the voluntary ANSI safety standards that the rest of the industry has adopted. To my knowledge, Dixie Chopper is the only other OEM that doesn't comply.

I'm a little bit jealous. Their lack of compliance allows them to sell OCDC's like the ACS. I like the ACS but ANSI won't let an OEM get away with something like that.

They must not have had a bad safety / injury / roll-over related lawsuit yet. I'm sure when they do, they'll wish they had a safety certification to stand behind.

Q

Your exactly right, when one of these companies gets nailed with a rollover or something else, they will comply in a hard way :eek:

You all know what happend with toro/exmark. OUCH!!

Thunderhead
02-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Just get the Hustler...

torotorotoro
02-27-2010, 11:21 PM
Your exactly right, when one of these companies gets nailed with a rollover or something else, they will comply in a hard way :eek:

You all know what happend with toro/exmark. OUCH!!

i do not know what happened to toro and rops . let me know thanks

MOHUSTLER
03-01-2010, 08:39 AM
i do not know what happened to toro and rops . let me know thanks

It is the reason we all have rops now. It was a few years ago, A 13 year old girl was killed on one mowing a steep hill. I guess they got a good laywer, and nailed toro pretty hard.