PDA

View Full Version : where can i find this- locks front wheel to trailer

turbo5560
02-26-2010, 01:46 PM
i've seen them online before but can't remember the name of it. It's a lock that bolts to your trailer floor and you put the front caster of your zero turn in it to keep it from rolling on the trailer.
please help!

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-26-2010, 02:48 PM
I think it's called a prolocker.

grassman177
02-26-2010, 04:21 PM
http://www.lawnmowerpros.com/ProLockers/ProLockers.asp

grassman177
02-26-2010, 10:49 PM
i was just trying to help with locating them, but have to say they will get in the way if you do anything but mowing on that trailer with the same mowers in the same place. we use fastraps and they are not in the way so we can use the trailer more easily for other projects. just a thought in case you were unaware of them.

turbo5560
02-27-2010, 06:03 AM
it looks like u can take prolocker out very easily with leaving right the mount rails on the trailer. Am i missing something?

touhey33
02-27-2010, 09:55 AM
do pro lockers meet dot standards?

ALC-GregH
02-27-2010, 09:57 AM
www.fastrap.com

turbo5560
02-27-2010, 10:20 AM
the problem with the straps is that, one, they want you to have two of them... and two, i see them pulling on the trailer and running over a strap and getting it caught under the tire and having to back off the trailer and move the strap out of the way and then try again. Yes, i know not a big deal, but if the trailer is 98% a mower trailer it would make some sense to think about this...

hackitdown
02-27-2010, 10:56 AM
I have 2 Prolockers, they are a really good product. If I want to load the tractor or something else on the trailer, I can remove the Prolocker in seconds by pulling a spring-loaded pin. They go back on just as quick. The brackets that are bolted to the trailer floor are only about 1/2 inch high, so you can load right over them. I have used them for 4 seasons now.

I cannot imagine a faster way to secure a mower to a trailer. You just drive the mower into the thing, spin the pin, done. To get the mower out, pull the pin, turn it 1/4 turn, drive mower out.

They used to claim DOT compliant, but the company seems to have disappeared. FYI, Exmark used to sell them painted red, called "Lazer Lockers".

ALC-GregH
02-27-2010, 11:07 AM
What holds the back of the mower in place? One PL isn't going to keep the back of the mower from bouncing around. Yeah it's best to use 2 Fastraps. Considering the price, your getting two strap kits for the price of only one PL. I've only had to move the mower off a strap on two occasions. Both due to the wind blowing them in the way. Other then that, simply lay the straps where you want them and 9.9 times out of 10 they stay put while mowing. Try to get a PL to work on a Scag without having to spin the front caster around backwards to get them to work. Useless product in my eyes if it doesn't work on my mower or secure my mower from moving around.

phil5
02-27-2010, 01:01 PM
They not only meet, they exceed FMCSA Regulations 393.102 for Cargo Securement Systems!

f50lvr2
02-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Buy a prolocker, you'll love it

topsites
02-27-2010, 03:17 PM
The easy way to handle online deals if you're not sure is just have them ship it COD,
of course in some cases by the time you're done paying the COD fee it might not be
worth it but having things shipped COD usually weeds the scammers out.

Why, scammers won't ship COD when there's nothing to ship and the fact is that COD
shipments require some sort of documentation as to where the money eventually goes.
Then if it's no scam, COD shipments assure the seller he'll get his money, too.

So, COD.

DLCS
02-28-2010, 12:55 PM
do pro lockers meet dot standards?

Not in Illinois. You should have 1 strap for every 1,000 lbs. So, you should have two for most ztrs, not the advertised only one needed. There was a guy on here who got in a accident and the ProLocker held the wheel but not the mower. Broke the caster wheel right off the mower. I believe his name was captken.

DLCS
02-28-2010, 01:02 PM
My guess this is why they are out of business? The owner is a arse.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=160498&highlight=prolocker

phil5
01-07-2012, 07:53 PM
I am back and I have Prolockers for everyone with a price you cannot refuse, see my posting!

Phil