PDA

View Full Version : New Paver Puller/Extractor

brickpuller
02-26-2010, 05:52 PM
:hammerhead:I am going to have an add starting March 1st for a new product. I am a hardscape contractor in Illinois and have come up with this tool. It works great when you are trying to get a paver out that has chipped or broken during compaction, especially when you have used polymeric sand or sealer. It is also great for those times when Mr. or Mrs. Smith marks the 5 brick they don't like with permanent marker and won't pay until they are swithched. I used this tool all last summer and saved a ton of money/labor and frustration.
The website is www.brickpuller.com my install company is www.prairiepathgroup.com I am really looking for feedback from contactors. Tell me what you think. Great tool? Stupid? Of course you can always buy one if you really like it.

White Gardens
02-26-2010, 08:14 PM
That looks like a decent tool. Definitively would make pulling bricks much easier.

How does it do on brick that are "split" or cracked?

brickpuller
02-26-2010, 08:38 PM
As long as you can get a concrete screw into, it will pull the paver. Even when the paver is split it will pull it out, you simply need to pull the larger half out.
Posted via Mobile Device

esnipe8
02-26-2010, 09:55 PM
We dont do many paver jobs, but that looks pretty effective.

neighborguy
02-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Looks like a winner.

Two things:

1. I would proof read the steps you outline on the page.

2. how much?

brickpuller
02-27-2010, 11:18 PM
Thanks. I'll check the site. We are selling them through dealers right now and they are going for around $300.00. If you are interested in one and don't have a dealer by you we can sell them direct.

zedosix
02-27-2010, 11:21 PM
300 defective pavers on one job???? Who did the install on that one? If people were more diligent about the brick they installed and checked the surface before applying the poly sand and removed the pavers before they finished. They wouldn't need to worry about pulling them all out.

Lite4
02-28-2010, 06:14 AM
Cool tool. Good luck, I hope you sell a ton!

brickpuller
02-28-2010, 09:18 AM
On the job on my website, the pavers were "wet" brick or soakers, which you can't see until after a rain. Bummer for the manufacturer that had to pay for the repair.

zedosix
02-28-2010, 09:28 AM
On the job on my website, the pavers were "wet" brick or soakers, which you can't see until after a rain. Bummer for the manufacturer that had to pay for the repair.

They are hard to spot when installing, I've seen that with Permacon in the past. Anyone know why this happens or what causes it?

brickpuller
02-28-2010, 12:13 PM
They result when there is a lower psi and a higher absorption percentage. I had some "wet" brick tested and found that the absorption rate was about 8% as opposed to the maximum of 4%. The psi was also about 5000 which was way to low.
Posted via Mobile Device

brickpuller
03-01-2010, 10:47 AM
I just updated my website. It should be clearer than before. If anyone is a dealer, I am looking for locations to handle our tool. Thanks.

DVS Hardscaper
03-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Looks like someone has an automotive or machine shop background :) I'm seeing this comin from a steering wheel puller or a gear puller :)

I'm always intrigued with people with ingenuity.

That puller is a great idea!

Only thing is it's bulky. Meaning it's not something you tote around in your truck amongst shovels, rakes, broom, and sledge hammers. Whereas the extractor most are familiar with, does. I presume you need to know when you leave in the morning that you will be pullin pavers and need to bring the puller for the day.

Danscapes
03-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Looks like a good tool to me.

Bru75
03-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Good idea, and it looks well built.
I get kinda hung up by the price, though.

brickpuller
03-01-2010, 05:10 PM
It is a bit bulky. But light weight. The tools is really for service call. You are better sending one person out with the tool, a drill and the replacement pavers, unless of course you have a lot of brick to remove, then a couple of drills is better. Thanks

Danscapes
03-01-2010, 05:24 PM
I would be willing to run field tests for you if you want to send me one for free. I'll even pay shipping costs.:drinkup:

brickpuller
03-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Just trying to keep my post fresh. Tell me what you think about the tool if you haven't already. There's a poll too.

brickpuller
03-08-2010, 12:08 PM
It looks like a lot of people are looking at my website. Any feeback?

brickpuller
03-11-2010, 11:14 PM
comments? any buyers!!!!!!!

neighborguy
03-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Seems like a great product but we generally don't have that many pavers that I need to pull. At least not enough to justify the price that Unilock is quoting here in Wisconsin.

brickpuller
03-12-2010, 01:40 PM
thanks for feedback.

brickpuller
03-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Comments! ORDERS????:cool2:

brickpuller
03-16-2010, 04:12 PM
:walking:
:cool2:
*trucewhiteflag*

DVS Hardscaper
03-16-2010, 06:36 PM
What if all the sponsors were to create topics such as this and they all kept refreshing their threads and bringing them back to the top???? Like every 24 or 48 hrs?

I realize you're a paying sponsor, and I do like your gadget(s), but good grief - don't wear out your welcome.......

brickpuller
03-16-2010, 06:47 PM
What if all the sponsors were to create topics such as this and they all kept refreshing their threads and bringing them back to the top???? Like every 24 or 48 hrs?

I realize you're a paying sponsor, and I do like your gadget(s), but good grief - don't wear out your welcome.......

Just trying to keep in front of everyone with it almost being spring. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Chris J
08-31-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm in a rush, so I can't read all the posts. I need a paver puller or paver extractor fast!! If anyone here sells them or knows where I can get one, please call me @904-614-7208. I will be very grateful!!!! I probably wont see the post in time if you respond here, so the phone call would be best....Please??
Thanks again!!

xtreem3d
09-01-2012, 04:52 PM
That is a clever tool but it seems like it would just take too long to remove a few. Before i had an extractor http://www.pavetech.com/player.htm?videofile=05_Paver_Extractor&total_Time=74&videoname=PaverExtractor I would just hammer drill holes and the paver would split in half and be pulled out ...fairly fast way to get them out

big daddy b
09-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Honestly, looks like a solid tool and well built, but seems like a huge waste of money and takes longer and more a process to me at least.
Normally when I am replaces bricks, it's because they are already chipped or broken and it's usually one or two in a huge patio, and I just smash it with a hammer and take the pieces out and replace with a new brick, done over with.

But, I've also done engraved bricks at SU.
We had to remove (120) 4x8s and (33) 8x8s and replace with engraved bricks. The hard part was we had to remove the existing bricks with no damage to reuse to be engraved in the future. So when we did that we had two screw drivers and a dead blow, and had to slowly and carefully pull them out. Very tightly laid in and poly sanded. It took us about 15 minutes per paver to pull out (again, undamaged) and replace.

I'd like to see a tool out there that can removed without damaging the paver, besides a screw driver. Somethingwith a sunction cup?

BrandonV
09-01-2012, 11:06 PM
zombie thread lives!