PDA

View Full Version : Estimating Help

Taylorman
02-26-2010, 06:18 PM
I need help with my estimating skills. I run a chemical and fert company (National Franchise type) and i want to start a cutting crew this summer. Estimating for chemicals and fertilizer is easy but im not sure how to estimate big cutting jobs. I got a call for a bid on a baseball park which i went look at today. It was basically six baseball fields, the area between the fields and the parking area. I shot the distances with my rangefinder and its about 11.5 acres. Trimming is not to much considering its 12 acres. Fencelines which i could round up. How would you guys estimate such a job?

clydebusa
02-26-2010, 07:04 PM
I usely charge 70.00 a hour for large mowing jobs when the mower is running, 35 hour for edging and weedeating and blowing. I have 2 accts that are 10 acres. I mow them with a 72" gravely that can mow 10 acres in 2 hours or less. 35.00 hour for triming and blowing. Both accts are 3 hour jobs, so somewhere around 175.00 to 200.00 a cutting. The good thing about the accounts they are every week if they need it or not. Might add I am in Tulsa Oklahoma.