PDA

View Full Version : Everride

yardworks, inc.
02-26-2010, 09:31 PM
Anyone running Everride mowers? If so how do you like them, and how long have you used them?

lawnpro724
02-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Never ran one but the reviews i have read have been good and the price is hard to beat. Make sure you have good dealer support.
Posted via Mobile Device

gene gls
02-26-2010, 10:40 PM
I had a 2006, 27/60" Worrior. It made a big mess with wet grass. I quit using it for cutting.

grassman177
02-26-2010, 11:44 PM
we find it better on wet than most, being a tunnel deck it almost never clogs or impedes in discharge. despite all that i is amazinly precise cut too. highly reccomend them. used them since they came out and have had two that have been sold and still have 4, two 60'' and two 54'' both with the 25 kaw.

lawns Etc
02-27-2010, 12:28 AM
we find it better on wet than most, being a tunnel deck it almost never clogs or impedes in discharge. despite all that i is amazinly precise cut too. highly reccomend them. used them since they came out and have had two that have been sold and still have 4, two 60'' and two 54'' both with the 25 kaw.

I have had 3 warriors all 60 inch 2 kohler and 1 kawi and the 1st 2 had over 1500 combined hours with no real issues imo they cut better than most and discharge very well but we lost all dealer support here after the buyout.I really would have kept them if it weren't for not being able to get parts quickly
Posted via Mobile Device

Hawg City Lawns
02-27-2010, 02:43 AM
i was really interested in them but the one i demoed seem off on the controls and had a very weird whine to the wheels like not normal whine when turning but like really loud and choppy almost

bock
02-27-2010, 09:31 PM
Neverride...

A friend of mine's company has one and they have had nothing but problems. It has probably over 1000 hours on it.

Resale value sucks.
Design is weird.
Dealer support is horrible.

grassman177
02-28-2010, 01:28 AM
we get good resale, but we sell to estate owners so........

i know there have been issues with the center pully, so they redesigned them and sent them to us for free. no issues since. what kind of issues are they having? anything specific to the everide brand, not engine and pumps, those are used everywhere.!

we have had not issues with the 5 we have owned besides a few center spindles but now problem solved. we sold 2 at about 1200 hrs and the others are aobut 800 now and going well. there are always lemons i guess, had a few from many brands here

Pristine Landscapes
02-28-2010, 11:10 AM
I looked into getting a scorpion but when I found out EVERRIDE as a company was going out of business, I directed my investment towards a wright. You get what you pay for dont forget that!

Razorblades
02-28-2010, 12:28 PM
EverRide is still in business... owned by the Ariens Corp, which also owns Gravely and Great Dane brand mowers.

Pristine Landscapes
03-01-2010, 12:25 AM
Thats not what my dealers were telling me and its not happening yet but very soon.. I think they would know but regardless... a Wright is a real stander.

grassman177
03-01-2010, 02:49 AM
i have found dealers talk as much trash as we do on here. who is your dealer?

Razorblades
03-01-2010, 07:57 PM
I spoke to an EverRide tech man in at the everRide plant today and he said that there are no plans to stop producing the EverRide branded mowers. I also talked to a dealer in North Arkansas and he has already placed an order with EverRide this year and said that he had not heard anything about Everrides not being produced anymore.

yardworks, inc.
03-02-2010, 12:36 AM
We run exmarks right now but are looking to replace both mowers this year. We only keep mowers for 2-3 years, so as long as we have good dealer support I don't mind trying new mowers. The exmarks and toros are just getting higher and higher in price. We can buy 2 everide 60'' for $15,000 or 2 toros for $20,000. Its hard to make up $5,000 over 2-3 years if both mowers are pretty much equal. Even with resale a commercial mower with 1500-1700 hours is only going to bring so much.

GrassesGuy
03-16-2010, 05:37 PM
I just talked with the Sales manager down in Auburn NE where they are made and they said they are still making the mower. I talked with several dealers and determined that Ariens is considering dropping the EverRide brand altogether. I found out from dealers and the sales manager from the plant that the Gravely and the Lesco all have the same specs as the EverRide just different color paint. Parts should not be a problem regardless because if they do drop the EverRide the Gravely and Lesco will still be made. Ariens is just downsizing and consolidating products.

Pennington Lawncare
03-16-2010, 06:32 PM
I've got a new Jungle Jim striping kit for an Everride Warrior that I was thinking about trying to fit it to my Bob-Cat but, I have since installed a roller on the rear of my Bob-Cat's deck so I don't need this striping kit. I was hoping to get $200 shipped It's a pretty hefty kit and not cheap to ship.
http://www.junglejimsap.com/everride.html

Razorblades
03-16-2010, 08:02 PM
I just talked with the Sales manager down in Auburn NE where they are made and they said they are still making the mower. I talked with several dealers and determined that Ariens is considering dropping the EverRide brand altogether. I found out from dealers and the sales manager from the plant that the Gravely and the Lesco all have the same specs as the EverRide just different color paint. Parts should not be a problem regardless because if they do drop the EverRide the Gravely and Lesco will still be made. Ariens is just downsizing and consolidating products.

Are you talking about the standers or Zero Turn models? The Gravely, Great dane and EverRide standers and Walk Behind mowers may be the same specs, as well as two of the Zero turn models but the Everride Warrior and Hornet models don't have a Great Dane or Gravely counterpart, as far as I know.

Are you sure that Lesco is with the Ariens Co? I thought John deere bought them or maybe MTD, who owns the cub Cadet ZTs which used to be the same as some Lesco ZT's.

The EverRide Warrior is also sold as a New Holland model and an Ariens Model, so are you saying that you've been told that Ariens is going to drop the EverRide brand completely?

verant
03-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Hey Everride guys, I'm havin some problems with my 07 warrior. It has the 25 kawi. I'm startin her up for the coming season. However, it isn't starting really. I got it goin once but it wasn't very smooth, like it had been sitting for awhile, which it has. I did all the necessary winterizing. I had it tarped over the winter. Right now it leaks gas through one of the pipes or lines, like its flooded. This sometimes happened during the mowing season - it would suddenly shut off on its own. I would have to let it sit for 15 min before I could start it again. If it didnt, it would leak the gas again.
Any advice would be great. I need this figured out even if it costs me a couple hundred bucks.

GrassesGuy
03-22-2010, 12:24 AM
From what the sales manager told me they are dropping the Wasp altogether, as far as the other models I'm not sure. The Auburn plant builds the JD and Lesco brands for Deere. From what the manager told me the Lesco, Gravely, and Everride all have the same specs, so parts should be no problem at all to come by.

GrassesGuy
03-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Also would like to add that I asked to see If I could take a tour of the plant to see the Everride being produced and the guy said sure with a crack in his voice and of course he never called. I called 6 dealers and all but one said they were not ordering EverRide anymore and that the Ariens sales reps were pushing them to just buy Gravely. It seems that Ariens is trying to phase out the EverRide, thats the vibe I'm getting. Why discontinue an excellent mower your guess is as good as mine. :confused:

br549oicu8
03-22-2010, 10:10 AM
I would be greatly disappointed if the Everride line was dropped. I have purchased 5 Warriors over the past few years and have to say they have been an excellent machine. I still have 4 of them, but will soon be upgrading as we only keep mowers 3-4 seasons. I'll let you know if I hear anything from the Ariens guys. I have been in contact with management in the past, and have always been treated like a valued customer.

br549oicu8
03-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Just chatted with the Everride folks a few minutes ago. This source is from the top...
The lineup will change a bit but it is also to be expanded. The walk behind may be the only one that is discontinued, but I was told there is also expansion on other areas. I trust the guys I talk to and have met them in person several times. I personally feel Everride is a great choice and value still, and would not think twice about buying another. If you find a deal out there that has full factory warranty, I'd advise to grab it while u can!

BCR840
03-22-2010, 01:02 PM
I have the Scorpion 52/23 and have not had any mechanical problems with it at all. As far as dealer support...make sure you have it. I have some issues with their knowledge of the machine so I went to another dealer. i am not full time so this mower really saves me on time spent cutting. I am still not sure it holds hills as well as I would like, but neither did my Scag 52" WB belt drive. It would just slide down some of Ga hills w/ the wheels locked. The scorpion at least doesn't do that.

Razorblades
03-23-2010, 12:50 AM
Just chatted with the Everride folks a few minutes ago. This source is from the top...
The lineup will change a bit but it is also to be expanded. The walk behind may be the only one that is discontinued, but I was told there is also expansion on other areas. I trust the guys I talk to and have met them in person several times. I personally feel Everride is a great choice and value still, and would not think twice about buying another. If you find a deal out there that has full factory warranty, I'd advise to grab it while u can!

did they say if the Warrior or Hornet models would be discontinued? I hope not as I don't want the EverRide ZT's to become a Yellow painted Gravely.

No Offense to Gravely owners, I would just like to continue to have the option of getting the Original Everride models if I'm considering an EverRide. If I want a Gravely model than I'll buy the Gravely brand mower.

GrassesGuy
03-23-2010, 11:33 PM
I just picked up a 48" wasp, most likely last one in Nebraska. It's an 08 gear drive with full factory warranty for 2,800. I got it off a dealer who got it from a dealer that went out of buisness last year. Although they don't make it anymore the Gravely has the same spec so parts should be easy to come by. :laugh:

mtnzone
03-24-2010, 10:00 PM
i just heard from our dealer that ariens is dropping great dane line and pullingit over to the everride line..

I had ordered a surfer and a supersurfer two weeks ago, but today the dealer told me that there was a problem and I would have to go with the everride models....the scorpion models..

br549oicu8
03-25-2010, 10:10 AM
The Warrior and Hornet lines are supposed to be safe. We love the Warriors!

flattoplawncare
03-25-2010, 01:40 PM
I have the scorpion fx 52 I have 400 hours on it and no problems, it cuts like a dream and leaves the best stripes ever!! just look up my pics of it.