PDA

View Full Version : Snapper - Ferris

gene gls
02-26-2010, 11:05 PM
I see in the new Turf mag a picture of a Snapper Z and a Ferris Z, both using the same deck.

JimQ
02-26-2010, 11:36 PM
I see in the new Turf mag a picture of a Snapper Z and a Ferris Z, both using the same deck.

Yeah, looks like an interesting mix between an Velocity Plus and an UltraCut. I'm anxious to hear how they perform. If it's a good performer, it will be just what Ferris needs.

Q

grassman177
02-26-2010, 11:38 PM
me too, cuz the deck was the huge reason we did not go with ferris, they absolutly sucked at cutting grass. really poor oversight for such effort putintothe rest of the machine.

gene gls
02-27-2010, 12:23 AM
I thought Ferris came out with a new deck last year?

gene gls
02-27-2010, 12:25 AM
Are Ferris and Snapper owned-made by the same mfg.?

MOHUSTLER
02-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Yes, both companies are owned by briggs and stratton. The new snapper/ ferris deck looks great. I am really anxious to try one out. Snapper pro has a s200x with a 28 brigs zt5400 trans and it comes with a stripe kit for 7,499. I think it will be a huge seller for them.

touhey33
02-27-2010, 10:56 AM
does anyone know if there are plans to put the new deck on the comfort control walkbehinds?

greengiant9963
02-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Yeah, looks like an interesting mix between an Velocity Plus and an UltraCut. I'm anxious to hear how they perform. If it's a good performer, it will be just what Ferris needs.

Q

I was thinking the same thing. Same front angled wedge and wide discharge opening as the scag velocity plus but the baffling on the underside looks like a close match to the ultra cut.

MOHUSTLER
02-27-2010, 11:07 AM
The only people I have been able to get feedback from are factory reps. So take that for whats its worth. But I have sene pictures of grass cut with them. It looked verry clean and smooth. Good discharge just like the scags.

LaCasse Land Management
03-19-2010, 11:19 AM
I bought an IS3100 last year and it came through with the new style deck. We were very impressed with the deck and cutting without a bagger. As soon as we put the bagger on it went from a great cut to a good cut. This machine has the Big Block motor but the weight of the bagger on the deck is rediculous. It puts great strain on the right hand wheel motor. In fact we had two hoses replaced under warranty on the rh wheel motor becauase the brass fittings cracked. We absolutely love the Ferris for ride, comfort and cutting without the bagger. We sent much imput back to Ferris last year through our dealer and the Ferris rep, as we were the first company on the East coast to receive this mower setup. We had a couple of problems early on with deck belt tension, the deck belt was thrown off, but and updated spring tensioner fixed that. I would defineately purchase another Ferris mower but I would seek an alternative to the bagging system.

Hope this Helps,
Jeff

DixieFerris
03-19-2010, 11:25 AM
This is direct from Ferris when I spoke to the VP of Design last month. He said the walk behinds have no immediate deck changing plans at this time (which is fine they cut well now). The new deck design is for the zero turns for better airflow, better cut, and better discharge. He said its very similar to that of a Scag deck for you fans there, with of course some better options. We just bought at 3100Z with a new 61" deck and bagger, 32 HP on it so intereste in seeing that vs. all of our 2000's.

mowerdude777
03-21-2010, 12:42 AM
Are Ferris and Snapper owned-made by the same mfg.?

yep kees is also part i think

Razorblades
03-21-2010, 01:47 AM
yep kees is also part i think

I believe that Yazoo-Kees is owned by Husqvarna, as is Dixon mowers.

Simplicity is owned by Briggs and Stratton, as is Murray.