PDA

View Full Version : Is this mower worth it

mowerdude777
02-26-2010, 11:58 PM
Ok I found a 2006 cubcadett 33 used by a homeowner with 86 hours for 600 obo. I really am considering this mower, I have 4 accounts with gates that I cant use the 48 in. So for anyone who has used this mower i wouls likw to know if it is actualy a good mower even though it is homeowner/ entry leval commerical.

ALC-GregH
02-27-2010, 12:02 AM
junk, run far away.

SchnabelLawnCare
02-27-2010, 12:29 AM
What's wrong with the Ferris?

rcslawncare
02-27-2010, 01:15 AM
From your sig, it looks like you have a decent collection of professional grade equipment, putting that on your fleet would be a disgrace, not to mention a headache with it goes down. Save the money and look for commercial.

mowerdude777
02-27-2010, 11:33 AM
What's wrong with the Ferris?

Oil leak, no saftey features, tire will not hold air for more then a day. Plus is it 21 years old but it is a good mower despite all the problomes I just would like to upgeade to something newer, ot showul i just invest in the ferris and get it back to its best

mowerdude777
02-27-2010, 11:35 AM
From your sig, it looks like you have a decent collection of professional grade equipment, putting that on your fleet would be a disgrace, not to mention a headache with it goes down. Save the money and look for commercial.

Thanks, I was kinda thinking the same but I will not be using it a ton, only on 4 backyards and as a spare if the exmark needs repairs(which it very rarely does) But I may just save for a exmark or newer ferris

Jason Rose
02-27-2010, 12:29 PM
omgeeee guys. the CUb Cadet 33" isn't that bad, and for what he's telling us he wants to use it for, just some backyards only, it would be fine.

I have an older troybilt 33" and LOVE it. So easy to operate and takes half the time as a 21". I always have to laugh whne I read on here about a guy that thinks they are "too hard to maneuver and turn because you have to hold them straight on hillsides and turn them manually". Uh, I'm not anywhere close to being a muscular or fit guy, and I run mine with one hand most of the time, and can turn it with one arm as well.

I know the newer models with the drive lever pointing up instead of being under the grip is awquard, but my snow blower is the same way and after a little time I found that I can make it work.

I also do some fabrication on a set of blades with more lift to replace the mulching blades on my troybilt. I do not know if the newer models use the same blades though. (with that odd shaped hole to keep them timed.)

dishboy
02-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Ok I found a 2006 cubcadett 33 used by a homeowner with 86 hours for 600 obo. I really am considering this mower, I have 4 accounts with gates that I cant use the 48 in. So for anyone who has used this mower i wouls likw to know if it is actualy a good mower even though it is homeowner/ entry leval commerical.

For your intented use that mower is fine, and will out mulch and leave a nicer finish cut than most midsized HEAVEY commercial walks. Weak spot is drive cable but I have the cure.http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=278863

topsites
02-27-2010, 02:34 PM
If I pick up the mower I'm looking at right now I'll let you in on my method :p

Because I'd have to agree, it may not be a bad deal for that kind of money
but it's probably not the kind of machine that will hold up to daily use.

Put another way...
I see 20-year old commercial units, old as they are, still running circles around brand new residential ones,
and the few that are too slow to run in circles at least manage to outmow the residentials if only in terms
of acreage cut per day.

It's just a mindset I've had since day 1, terrible as it may sound but you're better off with a 20-year old
commercial unit than a brand new residential one.

TwistedSister
02-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Plus is it 21 years old but it is a good mower despite all the problomes I just would like to upgeade to something newert

Buy a good commercial mower and you will have it for the next 21 years.

anotherturfgeek
02-27-2010, 02:40 PM
As an old man once told me: "Buy the best availiable mower"

if this mower is the best availiable for what ever cash you have, then by all means go for it