PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice on buying an aerator

honeydopm
02-27-2010, 01:10 AM
Im looking to purchase an aerator soon and was wondering what would be a good mid level brand and model for moderate usage thats going to hold up and be easy to maintain? Im looking to spend around $1000 dollars. Thanks

ACEMowing
03-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Im looking to purchase an aerator soon and was wondering what would be a good mid level brand and model for moderate usage thats going to hold up and be easy to maintain? Im looking to spend around $1000 dollars. Thanks

Our first aerator was a Bluebird 424 and it was around $1000 but that was about 9 years ago. It was a well built machine but we called it the "mankiller" since it would wear out an operator real quick.

We upgraded to the Plugr brand and would never go back but they start around $2000.

honeydopm
03-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Im looking to buy used and get more machine for my dollar. Any recomendations? I want something that isnt gonna beat the piss out of my guys but something thats not gonna be to easy on them haha

FourTrees
03-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Yea, get one that comes with an operator. Boy do I hate aerating. Makes me feel like a wimp, at how fast it wears me out.

I use a ryan / honda engine, and like it, but again it is a beast. Payed about a $1000 for it. It is a good machine and pulls good plugs.

MileHigh
03-02-2010, 05:41 PM
I tell you what...

I've used only WB aerators...I wanna purchase a Stand-On one..cause aerating beats me up.

Out of the ones I've used...Bluebird, Classen, Ryan, and Billy Goat...I like the Bluebird the best..with the Billy goat closely behind, then the classen, and I can't stand the way a Ryan aerates...I actually hate those aerators with a passion.

DJJS
03-02-2010, 07:53 PM
i use bluebird, before i bought it i rented for a while, classen bluebird & ryan. bluebird was my favorite by far, but all of them beat you up if your using it all day long

honeydopm
03-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks for all the great advice and opinions guys. Looks like a Bluebird is what i will be searching for and it seems like the few ive found have great prices!