PDA

View Full Version : Need help in a hurry!

Kel Klip
02-27-2010, 02:07 PM
I have a chance to buy a Scag Wildcat 61inch velocity deck with a 27hp kohler brand new no hours for 5600.00 . Is this a good mower for warm season grass? It looks stout like my kubotas ? But no one in my areas use them. I'm going to look at it tommarrow. Help .
Posted via Mobile Device

Skimastr105
02-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Scag is probably the best mower you can buy. Exmark/Toro is second. That sounds like a really good deal.

Scag413
02-27-2010, 02:20 PM
I have a chance to buy a Scag Wildcat 61inch velocity deck with a 27hp kohler brand new no hours for 5600.00 . Is this a good mower for warm season grass? It looks stout like my kubotas ? But no one in my areas use them. I'm going to look at it tommarrow. Help .
Posted via Mobile Device

Jump on that deal! That is a great buy. The velocity deck is amazing from what I have heard. The only downfall is it shoots the grass too far! Not a bad problem to have in my opinion. That means the grass is getting cut up good. You should buy that mower.

brianslawncare
02-27-2010, 02:21 PM
buy it. thats a great deal they are usually around 7500 to 8500. i own two scags and they are excellent mowers. i also have two exmarks witch are great mowers. i dont know about the kohler engine i have all kawasaki engines. is their a warranty on this mower?

Kel Klip
02-27-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm thinking there should be a warrantee its new but its a private seller. I'm going to get it in the Am. I found the ad on craigslist and have talked to the guy on the phone. You guys don't think its hot do you? How can I check?
Posted via Mobile Device

Kel Klip
02-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Warranty . Sorry.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kel Klip
02-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Bump
Posted via Mobile Device

I MOW ALONE
02-27-2010, 10:36 PM
he is giving that mower away.

integrityman
02-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Ask the seller a lot of questions, where he got it, what he was going to use it for etc. If its hot, you'll know it. Ask to see the manuals. If he aint got them, its a potential sign somethings fishy. :dizzy:

Overall its a great deal. It could be just that he bought it and discovered this wasnt the right machine for his application.

I MOW ALONE
02-27-2010, 10:40 PM
yes i wonder though why he is willing to take such a loss on a brand new mower? do as integrity says and if he has manuals and such for it i guess there really is no way of knowing whether it is hot though. but again smoking deal no pun intended :laugh::laugh:

Kel Klip
02-27-2010, 10:45 PM
He said he bought 4 of them at one time and got a deal on them? Seems like a alright guy. (Over the phone anyway).
Posted via Mobile Device

carguyrob
02-27-2010, 11:01 PM
I would definitely take a good hard look at it...that sounds too good to be true and we all know what that means. I have that exact same mower but with the 26hp LC Kaw. It is an unbelievable machine! The velocity deck is by far the best deck I've ever seen. That's just over half price, my mower was 9900 in '07, hope it's legit that's a steal.

carguyrob
02-27-2010, 11:03 PM
That is possible he got that good of a deal but I would only think if it was an inventory liquidation from a dealer going out of business or something like that. Usual markup on the mowers is only around 10%, that's why the dealers usually won't work with you much unless you're spending disgusting amounts of money.

Kel Klip
02-27-2010, 11:06 PM
Yeah Rob I don't know but I will let all you guys know what happens thanks for all the help.
Posted via Mobile Device

scagrider22
02-28-2010, 03:00 AM
Their could also be a bank loan on this mower so make sure or the repo man could come looking for it, get a receipt and print out his craigslist add.

zturncutter
02-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Their could also be a bank loan on this mower so make sure or the repo man could come looking for it, get a receipt and print out his craigslist add.

Bingo you are the winner!!!, I bet this is the case. Get a copy of his proof of ownership or do not bye it. The bank can come and repo no matter how much you pay him for it if he does not own the mower.:cry:

JRS Landscaping
02-28-2010, 09:34 AM
just call scag headquarters.....give them the model number and ther serial number.....tell them you looking to buy it.....they should be able to tell you when it was sold, who bought it new, if there are any liens on it and if its reported stolen. i do that with every mower i buy.