PDA

View Full Version : a little info on one of the advertisers to your left!

grassman177
02-27-2010, 06:29 PM
the little ad that is from adeas printing. we have used them and have gotten a superior product at a very reasonable price. i highly recommend them and the stick it and band it option instead of holes in door hangers is a way better way !

just wanted to help them out a bit as we are very satisfied with our results with both quailty, ease of working with them, price and of course quickness from start to finish.

Maple Wood
02-27-2010, 06:36 PM
the little ad that is from adeas printing. we have used them and have gotten a superior product at a very reasonable price. i highly recommend them and the stick it and band it option instead of holes in door hangers is a way better way !

just wanted to help them out a bit as we are very satisfied with our results with both quailty, ease of working with them, price and of course quickness from start to finish.
I would like to second this. I just got 2000 door hangers this week from them. Great product and great service. Easy on the wallet as well!

grassman177
02-27-2010, 07:21 PM
nice, glad to hear it. did you do all the artwork or did they, or did they add to yours etc?

towtruck212
02-27-2010, 07:58 PM
grassman, have you used band it and stick it? which one did you find to work the best? Band it looks like it could be a pain and the stick it looks like it would work well.

grassman177
02-28-2010, 01:31 AM
you know, first year so not until next week, i will answer then, but i can tell you the stick it is pretty sticky so i would not put it on a painted surface as they advise!! the band it we got too for those certain situations and from what i can tell it will be great, jsut have to pull on the rubber band out the sides instead of away from the hanger or it will pop out of the hole , but i think it is a very short lived issue as after two or three times i figured it out and have had no issues while playing with it since. i would not want it as the only option, but good to have as backup for stick it depending on the door situation.

rm25x
02-28-2010, 10:09 AM
Hmm interesting. I may have to try the Band-It as I am worried about the adhesive pulling paint, etc as well. I guess it would be smart placement. Wonder how many people would be upset that you "stuck" something on their house?

grassman177
02-28-2010, 12:29 PM
i have thought that, but like you said it is in smart placement i think. it will stick to door handles very well actually so i think that will become common and it is not "offensive"

i take considerations like that into account as i personally throw away anything stuck on my door reguardless. i hate flyers and hangers personally and see them as invasive, so i am extra sensitive about how i got about putting them out and where i will put them. maybe that sounds dumb, but think about the guys who jsut over saturate areas with flyers, it makes them seem super desperate and wasteful. i dont want to do that, once is enough at a well though out timing, which i feel comes for me at the end of this coming week just as the rest of the snow is going away.

DUSTYCEDAR
02-28-2010, 12:31 PM
lest see what u got made up

Daily Lawn/Landscape
02-28-2010, 02:14 PM
lest see what u got made up

2nd that

James

Schuley
02-28-2010, 03:50 PM
I just ordered 2500 of these. Had the design already and just uploaded it to them. Their prices are great, 2500 with 2 printed sides, shipped to me for $225. They had a special offer going. I wasn't impressed with their design services, they get like $52/hr for the design work. It would be nice to have something like www.zazzle.com for designing. I submited the exact size they needed, all ready to go, and just had them insert my logo on the back side with a 1 sentence phrase and they charged me for 1.75hrs of design work. I had 2 free hours as part of the deal, but it seemed a little excessive. All together I liked them, will probably do more business. I think the stick-its are far superior, and less money than the standard hangers with the hole. I would recommend, although maybe have as much of the design ready ahead of time. I have someone that made up my design for $30....

grassman177
02-28-2010, 03:57 PM
it wont let me upoad our pdf file, i will have to work on that, and i dont have a scanner, maybe i can take a pic!! give me a bit

grassman177
02-28-2010, 04:00 PM
nice, but i hope that was not the final copy, there is a mispelling on the list of services, it reads on your hanger as follows

5 step turn care program instead of turf

Schuley
02-28-2010, 04:06 PM
nice, but i hope that was not the final copy, there is a mispelling on the list of services, it reads on your hanger as follows

5 step turn care program instead of turf

Nice catch!! I think I looked it over 1000 times so far.... I'll get it changed! Thanks! lol.....oh boy...

Schuley
02-28-2010, 04:10 PM
it wont let me upoad our pdf file, i will have to work on that, and i dont have a scanner, maybe i can take a pic!! give me a bit

It wouldn't let me upload mine either, and so I copied my file into the "paint" program on my computer then saved it and uploaded it that way.

rain man
02-28-2010, 05:40 PM
We ordered a couple thousand also and like them a lot. Used the band-it. The stick-it portion allows a customer to put it on the refrigerator door if desired. They absolutely do not blow off the doors like other hangers. Also liked the glossy finish and thickness of the paper used. Design is a hit and miss thing. Have an idea what you want lest you burn up your design time. Good company.

grassman177
02-28-2010, 06:38 PM
yeah, we had the design ourselves, i made it and it fits the format we wanted most, clean and informative. i sent them this and they addd the backgrounds, better fonts and colors of text, and boxed in a few tings like our phone and web page. turned out great and paid no additional fees for design. it is all in knowing what you want, or it could get expensive fast i am sure.

i will try to take into paint and or just take a photo

mowerbrad
02-28-2010, 06:51 PM
This year I have started to put a little more thought into ordering door hangers and see how they work for me. I'd be a smaller order, like 500, just to see what kind of results I see and if it would be worth it. And these prices that A'deas has seem to be pretty reasonable and lower than many that I have seen. I may give it a shot this year and see how well door hangers work for me.

I like the idea of the band-it and wish that I could get the band-it and die-cut combo. I really don't like the stick-it, as you actually have to stick it to someone's door/window/etc. And if people are like me, they won't particularly appreciate someone actually sticking something to my door, mostly because it could remove paint on the door (if you actually put it over a painted surface) or it could leave residue on the window that is hard to take off. But the band-it seems like a good alternative to the traditional. I may have to order some here soon.

360ci
02-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Neat hangers.

Wonder how many people would be upset that you "stuck" something on their house?

We all 'stick' it to 'the man' anyway. I don't care if someone sticks something on my door. I'd rather it stuck on a door or wall than having it blow off into my florida room where I won't find it until spring. With the constant freeze and thaw each day here it'd be hard to stick it onto something now anyway.

grassman177
02-28-2010, 09:31 PM
i think you can get the band it and die cut hole combo as well mowerbrad

STL Cuts
02-28-2010, 10:35 PM
I also did the $225 deal which included the "2 hours" of design time (they seem to stretch the amount of time they say it takes, but with 2 hours free it all worked out).

Overall, great price and great product! I would definitely recommend them.

Maple Wood
02-28-2010, 10:46 PM
That is the same deal I did the $225. I provided my logo and the wording and they put it together. That is not bad for the price IMO. I got the band it stick it combo (sounds kind of bad!)

grassman177
02-28-2010, 11:22 PM
ok, i just took some pics and it was the easiest to do, i hate resizing things as the proofs were absolutely huge files.

hope you can see it well enough. i did the compllete layout front and back, it mimics our website which we felt was very important so you know b4 you comment if you like it or not.

the brochure is similar, but more detailed of course but it is being printed as we speak. we got 2500 hangers and 5000 brochures

enjoy!

mowerbrad
03-01-2010, 12:49 AM
i think you can get the band it and die cut hole combo as well mowerbrad

I may give it a shot and order 500 or so, if I can get the combo I want. I'll have to see if they could do that.

rain man
03-01-2010, 02:02 AM
We like them but our eyes were bigger than our plate and ordered too many. Been a little irritated at myself for that. Don't have to worry about advertising though. We can just keep putting them out until we are either exhausted or fill up our schedule.

grassman177
03-01-2010, 02:40 AM
oops, i guess you have a stock then huh, which is not a bad thing if you can use them for several years

a plus bob
03-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Those are nice let us know how they work for you.

br549oicu8
03-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Gonna see if I can get a better pic of our hanger. Had to convert the file from PDF to JPEG so don't be too harsh on me... LOL!

br549oicu8
03-02-2010, 09:16 PM
The color is a bit weird on here, but in person they look real nice....

grassman177
03-02-2010, 09:23 PM
i know it is boxy, but we wanted to coincide with our web page as we are trying to direct more traffic there.

DUSTYCEDAR
03-02-2010, 09:36 PM
They rock
look great

grassman177
03-02-2010, 11:03 PM
really!! ?? thanks

Maple Wood
03-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Over all I like your door hanger. I took the time to look at the web site and compare it to the door hanger. One thing I think you try to do is give your customers a personal touch. The web and door hangers do that well, I like it.
The content is professional but not too technical.

One thing I read on lawnsite about door hangers was a suggestion to have a call to action. Something that would not allow the recipients to procrastinate. I know for myself I might pick something up and think yeah thatís good, then put it down and forget it. If you can somehow get them to do something before they forget it you will have a higher call back rate.

The verbiage does not stick out quite enough. Too much green. Your web site is a lot better in that regard. (Just an opinion.)

Maple Wood
03-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Here is mine. Let me know what you think. I scanned it and the color doesn't look good. Or else I specialize in brown yards!!!!!!!!!

br549oicu8
03-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Over all I like your door hanger. I took the time to look at the web site and compare it to the door hanger. One thing I think you try to do is give your customers a personal touch. The web and door hangers do that well, I like it.
The content is professional but not too technical.

One thing I read on lawnsite about door hangers was a suggestion to have a call to action. Something that would not allow the recipients to procrastinate. I know for myself I might pick something up and think yeah thatís good, then put it down and forget it. If you can somehow get them to do something before they forget it you will have a higher call back rate.

The verbiage does not stick out quite enough. Too much green. Your web site is a lot better in that regard. (Just an opinion.)

We do have a lot of green on our hanger and flyers, which are in production. I had seen so many extremely bland flyers around that I thought we'd try something very different. We'll see what happens 'till they're gone, and would most likely do a new design at that time. We tried to be informative, yet simple. I think we portrayed professionalism, but no doubt can find ways to improve. Thanks for your input!

grassman177
03-03-2010, 02:53 PM
thanks, i like yours too, very nice indeed. i hear you about enticing them to call, but i have a hard time liking those kind of ideas myself and think often they are gimicky. that is the biggest thing i thought of when designing ours. i hate gimmicks, nothing makes me throw it away faster than gimmicks. we dont discount services just to sign up, no into that at all, only trying referal discounts to existing customers. discounts to sign up to me is not value based and only short term where we work on long term relations. does that make sense???

oh, still your hanger is nice, not saying yours is gimmicky cause you have a discount offer, just giving my personal opinion on the matter. i try to take that and apply to our own promo products. yours is done tastefully

Maple Wood
03-03-2010, 11:09 PM
I know what you mean about gimmicks. I hate them also. If you make much of a deal then all you get are bottom feeders looking for a bargain. This is the first time I am trying the 10% on the first app deal so we'll see. That really isn't much, not like giving away an app or something.

grassman177
03-04-2010, 12:23 AM
that is exactly why yours is tasteful

richonsa
03-29-2010, 10:41 AM
I getting some of these myself. I'm going to try the stick-its, and I may order some band-its too. Seems like a good idea. They said it would take nearly two weeks, however. So I have to pay for rush. I need these by next week.