PDA

View Full Version : commercial bid

ukcats
02-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Just want to know when you guys puts a bid in on a commercial property what all do you put with it? do you put a copy of Ins? Lic #? just trying to get a feel before I put a bid in on a fair ground

Turf Dawg
02-27-2010, 07:03 PM
I put that I am licensed for pest control and I put my license number in the upper right corner of the bid sheet. I also put that I am insured and a copy can be provided if needed. Some want one on file and some do not.

rcslawncare
02-27-2010, 07:45 PM
I always have a certificate of insurance with the bid, just less they have to do if they want to hire you.

hoskm01
02-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Check with your insurance first... Many properties want to be listed as an "additional insured" and therefore they must have their own certificate with their name and address listed on it. It doesnt hurt to have a blank certificate in there with the bid, but some companies charge to have an entity listed as an additional insured.

We list that we have insurance, and at what relevant levels. Providing them with a certificate with the customer listed as an additional insured is typically a final step before work starts, once the bid is awarded to you. At that point, its worth the couple of bucks that you may pay for said certificate.

Other than that, of course the bid, a cover letter, a pamphlet of our services, reference sheet from similar-type properties, workman's comp certificate, any licenses, certifications or awards we hold or may have received. All of our bids go out in a large folder, all materials stuffed inside, logo on the front.