PDA

View Full Version : Anyone excited about the new Regenerative Ryegrasses?

SeedPro
02-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Article in this months Turf Magazine. A stoloniferous ryegrass. Yay!

I do a lot of machine seeding and hope to see it available sometime soon at local vendors but it may be a while with patents involved etc.

integrityman
02-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Im going to need to look a little closer. Musta missed that article. Like the sounds of it though.

SeedPro
02-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Im going to need to look a little closer. Musta missed that article. Like the sounds of it though.

It's in the new zine I just got the other day. Rye grass being more or less a weak rhizonomous turf grass requiring heavy pound per thousand application rates has long been it's one drawback in my opinion.

An aggressive stoloniferous RG is a great move in the right direction.

integrityman
03-01-2010, 05:33 PM
It's in the new zine I just got the other day. Rye grass being more or less a weak rhizonomous turf grass requiring heavy pound per thousand application rates has long been it's one drawback in my opinion.

An aggressive stoloniferous RG is a great move in the right direction.

Concurr- Id love to see a ryegrass that does well in shady areas too. I really like ryegrass for its quick germination, dark green color, hardiness to cold, but it doesnt generate worth a crap......

integrityman
03-01-2010, 11:14 PM
OK- did read the article, dfinitely like the sounds of the new variety of rye grass.

SeedPro
03-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Concurr- Id love to see a ryegrass that does well in shady areas too. I really like ryegrass for its quick germination, dark green color, hardiness to cold, but it doesnt generate worth a crap......

Ditto. I use a lot of it since they have improved is as a turf type over the years.

I dislike chewings fescue and creeping red fescue in shade too.
I have to use it occasionally but don't prefer it.

SeedPro
03-01-2010, 11:16 PM
OK- did read the article, dfinitely like the sounds of the new variety of rye grass.

Highly proprietary too....we may never see it available in my lifetime.

BIOGRASS
03-02-2010, 02:01 AM
I am way stoked on the RPR. Barenbrug comes out with some cool varieties.