PDA

View Full Version : Bid help

rcslawncare
03-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Have a google map of it, how can I upload it onto this thread?

rcslawncare
03-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Nobody can help me out?

rcslawncare
03-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Heres one, hope it works. It the lighter green grass area, anyone have a guess of how many acres? Any help would be great!!

rcslawncare
03-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Heres the other, this one is dang big. Keep in mind, the time will be based off one 60" ztr mowing around 10mph. Thanks for all the help, i've heard of a flat fee for the first number of acres, then just add acres on at another price? What's the best way? It is the property on the left of the picture.

FourTrees
03-02-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm sorry I am lost, is it each of the individual yards in top pictures? In bottom is it all grass areas?

For rough (and I mean rough) acreage Google earth measure it.
Pictures are way to vague for even a guesstimate, as do not know Zoom level, areas included are not highlighted, terrain, and o plethora of other things. Sorry, but without details impossible to help.

rcslawncare
03-02-2010, 01:31 PM
I will try to zoom them in more.

rcslawncare
03-02-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm sorry I am lost, is it each of the individual yards in top pictures? In bottom is it all grass areas?

For rough (and I mean rough) acreage Google earth measure it.
Pictures are way to vague for even a guesstimate, as do not know Zoom level, areas included are not highlighted, terrain, and o plethora of other things. Sorry, but without details impossible to help.

In top, it is the big grass area, hard to see, but has the little "a" pointing to it, the bottom is all grass areas on the left one. Its from the 3 roadways to the tree line.

rcslawncare
03-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Ok guys, a little better? Lets call this one #1

rcslawncare
03-02-2010, 02:25 PM
and #2, hope it helps, will have to use another computer to load onto paint, on a mac

ALC-GregH
03-02-2010, 02:28 PM
1 acre? 2, 3 10 50 200 acres? Who knows, go measure it if your not sure instead of asking others to do the work for you.

ALC-GregH
03-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Besides, are you going to take someones "guess" at the size? Let me guess, you don't have a clue what to charge for a area that big and are hoping one of the guys on here will figure it out for you? Like I said, go measure the areas you need to mow, trim and blow and figure out what your..... gezz, you know what, never mind.

Mahoney3223
03-02-2010, 02:31 PM
1 acre? 2, 3 10 50 200 acres? Who knows, go measure it if your not sure instead of asking others to do the work for you.

amen..........................

djagusch
03-02-2010, 02:41 PM
In another thread I mentioned GIS maps or county info. Here is a link to your county's webpage. If you have the address enter it in and it will give you acres. I just did a random address and it gave options with acres. This is very easy and if you are planning on being in the biz for a long time you better learn how to use it.

http://www.co.champaign.il.us/ccao/assessor.htm

Do some homework now!

rcslawncare
03-02-2010, 02:42 PM
Dang, I am working on measuring it, I don't have a measuring wheel at the moment and would like to get it accurate. Its not a life or death thing, its just a question. Im only a part timer, so just wanted to know what something like this would take. Don't think you need to get all pissed off.

djagusch
Here is a link to my example

http://www.co.champaign.il.us/rewebapp/Assessord.pgm?permno=23-19-06-100-004

RepoMan207
The first one is 6.8 acres, and the second one is 11.31.

Boy, and I thought PS members had a bad attitude......:hammerhead:

rcslawncare
03-02-2010, 02:53 PM
In another thread I mentioned GIS maps or county info. Here is a link to your county's webpage. If you have the address enter it in and it will give you acres. I just did a random address and it gave options with acres. This is very easy and if you are planning on being in the biz for a long time you better learn how to use it.

http://www.co.champaign.il.us/ccao/assessor.htm

Do some homework now!

Thank you for the info, I will do some searching and find a total acreage for both properties, I was just playing around with it and seeing what something like this might take.

djagusch
03-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Thank you for the info, I will do some searching and find a total acreage for both properties, I was just playing around with it and seeing what something like this might take.

Make sure you deduct parking lots, buildings etc. But it gives you a starting point.

You can also use the site to find out owners of properties you would want to bid.

rcslawncare
03-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Awesome, thank you for the useful info!!

lalorslawncare
03-02-2010, 07:50 PM
type google area calculator in google search. they have an application that you click on all corners of the properties and it will tell the acreage inside. also has a measuring tool. I have checked it against some know sizes such as football fields and it is very accurate. I just measured a twelve acre park complex the other day spent two hours measuring driving and calculating it. checked it against what I got on google map and was within 1/4 acre not bad check it out

Mahoney3223
03-03-2010, 11:19 PM
i don't have a bad attitude at all. i just dont like lazy people who want other people to do the work for them. and i don't like part time guys. sorry.

RepoMan207
03-04-2010, 09:11 AM
I wasn't really referring to you Mahoney. Your more of a follower anyway, nothing really original to say in any of your posts.

Although, I agree that most leg work should be done prior to asking for help, I've also seen alot more advice, on alot less information. When a senior member turns around and blast someone in the way a certain individual did...it's just not right. What kind of message does that send really? Why even be here, or better yet, why even post a damn reply. Get off your high horses and remember you were right where RC is now, asking the same questions in probably the same manner. I think some folks need to realize how there coming across....especially as a senior member as there words carry a much heavier weight with them. After all, that's why we're here on sites like this to begin with; to help and learn more about the industry so one can further themselves and their businesses.

Darryl G
03-04-2010, 09:15 AM
If you use Bing maps in the bird's eye view mode, it has a scale be make it easier to estimate area.

Mahoney3223
03-04-2010, 11:17 AM
I wasn't really referring to you Mahoney. Your more of a follower anyway, nothing really original to say in any of your posts.

haha i'm glad you follow my posts...i thought i had free time on my hands, lol, and oh yeah thanks for the dr. phil moment, it was touching! :)

motox391
03-04-2010, 12:33 PM
agreed....

ALC-GregH
03-04-2010, 12:57 PM

Although, I agree that most leg work should be done prior to asking for help, I've also seen alot more advice, on alot less information. When a senior member turns around and blast someone in the way a certain individual did...it's just not right. What kind of message does that send really? Why even be here, or better yet, why even post a damn reply. Get off your high horses and remember you were right where RC is now, asking the same questions in probably the same manner. I think some folks need to realize how there coming across....especially as a senior member as there words carry a much heavier weight with them. After all, that's why we're here on sites like this to begin with; to help and learn more about the industry so one can further themselves and their businesses.

I'm for helping anyone out. When I got started and even before then, I never asked, "what mower should I get" or "how do I bid commercial properties" or "what is the best trimmer" or "how do I sharpen my blades" or maybe "how much would YOU charge on this property"? As if they already know what it should be when really they want to know just how bad they'll have to take it when they find out they're price is way off. I read countless threads to the tune of thousands to get to the ones with real meaning that are well written. I mean thousands. My membership date is fairly new but for 3+ years I read threads in here before I even signed up to be a member. There are so many threads like this one that it would take months to read them all yet instead of reading and learning from them, they just make a new thread so they can hopefully get a quick answer. I say go out and do the best you can, learn from YOUR mistakes and build your business off of your experience. Too many young guys (and older too) feel they can just jump right in and be like someone that's owned and operated a business for 20 years. They find out quick that it doesn't happen that way then learn about this site, don't read up on anything before they get started then fire away with common every HOUR questions. I think some that are getting on here have spent a week or two thinking about doing it and jump right in blindfolded. They haven't spent any time to learn even the littlest things.

RepoMan207
03-04-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm for helping anyone out. When I got started and even before then, I never asked, "what mower should I get" or "how do I bid commercial properties" or "what is the best trimmer" or "how do I sharpen my blades" or maybe "how much would YOU charge on this property"? As if they already know what it should be when really they want to know just how bad they'll have to take it when they find out they're price is way off. I read countless threads to the tune of thousands to get to the ones with real meaning that are well written. I mean thousands. My membership date is fairly new but for 3+ years I read threads in here before I even signed up to be a member. There are so many threads like this one that it would take months to read them all yet instead of reading and learning from them, they just make a new thread so they can hopefully get a quick answer. I say go out and do the best you can, learn from YOUR mistakes and build your business off of your experience. Too many young guys (and older too) feel they can just jump right in and be like someone that's owned and operated a business for 20 years. They find out quick that it doesn't happen that way then learn about this site, don't read up on anything before they get started then fire away with common every HOUR questions. I think some that are getting on here have spent a week or two thinking about doing it and jump right in blindfolded. They haven't spent any time to learn even the littlest things.

I know where your coming from. I see alot of this on PS as well as some different industry forums. With so many guys being out of work......blah blah blah. I know it's difficult to keep ones cool at times, especially when there bottom line is being cut into time and time again by "low ballers", mostly newbies....we (the established & experienced guys) tend to focus our frustration and anger towards those newbies here on the forums as if their the actual guys under cutting us in the real world. Even more so when forum etiquette isn't acknowledged. However the thing that gets me is the way some of the more seasoned guys interact with the....less knowledgeable at times. It just goes back to the olé saying; If you don't have anything nice to say.....

:waving:

RepoMan207
03-04-2010, 06:25 PM
haha i'm glad you follow my posts...i thought i had free time on my hands, lol, and oh yeah thanks for the dr. phil moment, it was touching! :)

179539 Ah, you must be the forum clown of LS. I didn't know I was in the presence of such greatness. 179535

Mahoney3223
03-04-2010, 11:33 PM
hahaha!!! if i'm the clown then your the joke!

RepoMan207
03-05-2010, 09:11 AM
hahaha!!! if i'm the clown then your the joke!

Don't you know it. :rolleyes:

lawnlandscape
03-05-2010, 10:58 AM
goilawn.com

Assuredlandscape
03-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Bid by the minute 1 or 2 bucks a minutes so if it takes you 35 minutes to cut the place trim and blow then it 35 bucks if it a 1 or min. then throw in 10 or 15 dollars for gas. very easy and less stressful. works for me and my customers love it.