PDA

View Full Version : 48" gravely stand up

KJG24
03-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Looking closely at purchasing this model, anyone care to offer pros and cons of this mower.

KJG24
03-02-2010, 08:12 PM
Come on, no info! I was just hoping to hear from someone who has put this mower through it's paces. I am kind of limited to this brand because of my loyalty to my dealer. Down here i have not seen too many of these mowers, any brand stand up being used. I am using exmark mowers now, but they don't offer a stand up. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

mowerbrad
03-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Exmark just came out with their new stand-on mower, the Vantage.

KJG24
03-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks, i wasn't aware of exmark having this product. I see a release date of 3/10. Looks alot beefier than the gravely. My dealer speaks highly of both products, exmark and gravely. He is leaning more towards gravely at the moment because of it's lower cost. I wonder what the price of the comparible vantage mower will be?

hackitdown
03-02-2010, 09:04 PM
I have a 48" Great Dane Super Surfer, which is nearly identical, made by the same company. With a floating deck. It has been reliable so far, but only about 300 hours. It is fast and cuts well on discharge. I rarely bag with this machine, but it has a steel catcher. I have had no major mechanical problems.

I find it a little tough to drain the oil, and some grease points are also in bad spots. There is a minor problem when cutting a very tight radius...the back tires tend to track in tighter than the edge of the deck, so they can run over (or into) whatever you are cutting around. It feels like the tires/wheelbase is too wide for the deck. I think I heard that the 52" does not have the problem. You should demo and check it out.

Overall, I like the machine, and would buy another. In fact I bought a Gravely ZTR after owning this one for a while.

I paid $5500 plus tax new. Bought it at Lesco.

bigw
03-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Grandstand by Toro works great for my company, exmarks new one is probably very similar since they are one in the same company.