PDA

View Full Version : toro mower not starting HELP

cuttin-to-the-Max
03-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Hey guys im new to this bussiness in 14 and got a riding mower last year paid more than $400 got it fixed and running ran the season now i go to start it on our first 40* day in MI (last week it was snowing! Hey its MI!) and it wont start now what should i do?
Also my parents dont want to drop another $400 this year
i have taken off the carb. but i dont know what to do with that either :confused: lol

I forgot to drain the gas out of it too :cry:
What happened was.... i was doing my last fall clean up and then the next day we had 5in of snow...
Heres a pick of the mower i got for FREE from my neighbor
it kinda looks like this
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w299/slk230red/Murray_6.jpg
Also it cuts REALLY WELL but its loud too does anyone know what i can do about that too?? hahaha!
THANKS!!!!!!!!

Lbilawncare
03-02-2010, 12:18 AM
1st of all, put the carb back on, hopefully you didn't mess up the gasket. Most carb issues can be remedied by just removing the bowl. Check for spark, put fresh gas in it. If you are unsure of how engines work, the worst thing you can do is to start removing things. Buy a book on how small engines work

Merkava_4
03-02-2010, 04:55 AM
14 is a good age to start reading up on the principles of reciprocating engines and the physics of carburetors.

I'll give you a couple of pointers to start off with:

All reciprocating engines need fuel, air, ignition, and compression to run. Think of the fire triangle: Fire needs heat, fuel, and oxygen to burn. If you remove one of those ingredients, the fire will go out.

Hit up your local library and check out some books on small engine repair. Some of those repair books discuss engine theory.