PDA

View Full Version : What do you do about loud mowers?

cuttin-to-the-Max
03-02-2010, 06:20 AM
i have this old rider from maybe the late 90's and it cuts GREAT but its pretty loud...Im fine because i use those A1 Safety(im not sure if thats the company) But yea those noise canceling head phones but the neighbors hate it! :dizzy:
What can i do??????

Merkava_4
03-02-2010, 06:39 AM
The first thing you do is research and find out which engine it is, i.e, Manufacturer, Model number, Type number, and Code number. You will find that information on the engine either stamped into one of the metal parts, or on a sticker adhered to the engine. You will then take that information to your local equipment dealer and ask them to show you the various mufflers available that are applicable to that engine. A low-tone muffler is want you want.

pugs
03-02-2010, 11:48 AM
The first thing you do is research and find out which engine it is, i.e, Manufacturer, Model number, Type number, and Code number. You will find that information on the engine either stamped into one of the metal parts, or on a sticker adhered to the engine. You will then take that information to your local equipment dealer and ask them to show you the various mufflers available that are applicable to that engine. A low-tone muffler is want you want.

That generally wont help as most equipment manufacturers use their own mufflers so the engine manufacturer's mufflers wont fit.

Is there something wrong with the muffler thats on it causing it to be loud? Get the model/serial number off the machine and off the engine and go to a dealer and see what they can get for you.

SangerLawn
03-02-2010, 11:51 AM
At the same time, some people are always going to complain. We have 2 2009 mowers. They are just as loud as our older mowers and the complaints never stopped.

I agree 100 percent about going to the dealer but if they don’t have any suggestions then I wouldn’t worry about it.