PDA

View Full Version : stihl fs 90

tnwildcat
03-02-2010, 06:40 PM
I am buying a stihl FS 90. Does anyone use the articulating headge trimmer attachment with this gear box? Looks like I could save $200 by not getting a kombi. The local dealer doesn't like the idea. Of course his job is to sell equipment.

kogafortwo
03-02-2010, 07:50 PM
The 4-mix powerhead is great, it will power the hedge trimmer gearbox just fine. If the FS90 is a solid-shaft trimmer (I think it is), then no problems with torque either.

Your bigger issue is the full length shaft with the heavy articulated trimmer gearbox on it. I have an old HL75K (K = shorter shaft version) and it is great. But sometimes I put the hedge trimmer box on my longer trimmer powerhead and it is honkin' heavy. Plus it's hard to control your cut with all that weight hanging 4 feet out from the powerhead.

The KM90 will give you the shorter shaft option.

My 2 cents worth.

macaw
03-03-2010, 08:41 AM
The 4-mix powerhead is great, it will power the hedge trimmer gearbox just fine. If the FS90 is a solid-shaft trimmer (I think it is), then no problems with torque either.

Your bigger issue is the full length shaft with the heavy articulated trimmer gearbox on it. I have an old HL75K (K = shorter shaft version) and it is great. But sometimes I put the hedge trimmer box on my longer trimmer powerhead and it is honkin' heavy. Plus it's hard to control your cut with all that weight hanging 4 feet out from the powerhead.

The KM90 will give you the shorter shaft option.

My 2 cents worth.

Yes I agree. I have the hedge trimmer attachment and the power scythe
I also have a MulchPRO Power Rake that hooks on the same way.
I never did like the kombi system. I use on a FS 85 and FS 90 with a little practice you will get good at it.

Nickcon404
03-03-2010, 01:47 PM
I use the FS90 and the FS110. The 110 has more power and runs the accessories better. The Hedge trimmer does get heavy!! But once you get used to it its fine. I also run the edger. It may be more work to change heads but worth the little extra effort IMO.

HenryB
03-03-2010, 02:01 PM
I am buying a stihl FS 90. Does anyone use the articulating headge trimmer attachment with this gear box? Looks like I could save $200 by not getting a kombi. The local dealer doesn't like the idea. Of course his job is to sell equipment.

How much is the Hedge trimmer attachment?

macaw
03-03-2010, 02:24 PM
I paid $230.00 (including tax) March of 2006. It was worth every penny.