PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question

cpt87gn
03-02-2010, 11:55 PM
But how do you get the perfect circle (edges) around the tree rings and flower beds thank you

Weekend cut easymoney
03-02-2010, 11:58 PM
you just use your hand..kinda 'patting' the mulch into place....you are molding it...but it takes a good eye...and you have to be on your knees to do a good job

greenScape09
03-02-2010, 11:59 PM
We use our stick edger around them every time we edge, every 2-3 cuts! it gives it that clean cut apperance! as far as getting the perfect circle? well your on your own.

STIHL GUY
03-03-2010, 12:00 AM
But how do you get the perfect circle (edges) around the tree rings and flower beds thank you

you could ese a bed edger but i think thats rather expensive. you can also use a strait shovel and just take your time. i will get better with a little practice

Weekend cut easymoney
03-03-2010, 12:03 AM
A spade shovel will do it..measure off each side with your shovel top, bottom, left, right--same measurement using the shovel then mark it with paint and dig

cpt87gn
03-03-2010, 12:15 AM
ok thanks im talking about when theres grass growing up to the tree and i want to make a perfect tree ring with a nice edge

crook038
03-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Figure the diameter of the circle you want, I will usually make the ring big enough to mow around easily. Then tie a string around the trunk of the tree. Make sure the string is loose around the trunk. Measure out to the size you want for the circle and place a loop in the string. Insert the tip of a marker paint can and pull the string taught. Spray as you walk around the tree and you have your perfect circle. Next remove material inside the circle with what ever you prefer, straight shovel, spade......mulch appropriately.
Sean

yardatwork
03-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Here is the easiest way...get a string and tie it around the base of the tree making sure that the string isn't tied tight against the base, but rather loose and able to rotate around the base. Then stretch the string to the desired length of circle you'd like to make. Hold the string at the far end while holding some marker paint. Now walk around the tree while spraying the marker paint...waalaaa...a perfect circle. Now start digging the marker paint line. Oops...crook038 just said the same thing.

cpt87gn
03-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Thanks guys. Thats what i was looking for .

brucec32
03-03-2010, 09:13 PM
You could buy some sort of laser device that clamps to the tree, spouts poles to a set length, then aligns it perfectly, or...

(Crazy idea. We try thinking for ourselves first, THEN ask questions here)

clean_cut
03-04-2010, 12:18 AM
No need to be mean guys, this is a forum to ask for help... But it is a good idea to think before you post. :)

cpt87gn
03-04-2010, 01:02 AM
Yeah i thought I was going to get it away without getting bashed. but thats cool i got my ? answered thanks

ALC-GregH
03-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Here is the easiest way...get a string and tie it around the base of the tree making sure that the string isn't tied tight against the base, but rather loose and able to rotate around the base. Then stretch the string to the desired length of circle you'd like to make. Hold the string at the far end while holding some marker paint. Now walk around the tree while spraying the marker paint...waalaaa...a perfect circle. Now start digging the marker paint line. Oops...crook038 just said the same thing.

and I was going to type the same thing too. That's what I do as well.