PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using ECHO Bed Redefiner??

Lawn Outfitters
03-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Mulch jobs will begin in the next week or so and I was planning to rent a bed edger for existing beds. I see ECHO has a bed redefiner and I'm curious if anyone has an opinion from experience on it's performance. My mulch jobs are large and I'm looking for the best way to do the edging.

grass-scapes
03-03-2010, 05:04 PM
I am sure if you do a search you will find lots of info about the bed redefiner.

That being said, I have one. They are NOT good if the soil is wet. It will bog down and become useless. They will not be good if the soil is hard. It will ride on top of the ground. They are good for redefining existing beds under ideal soil conditions, and thats about it. I use mine sometimes, but if I need to get a real good sharp deep edge, I use my Brown Bed edger. With large mulch jobs you may be better to rent.

Its not a bad purchase on my part, but it IS a specialized piece of equipment and as such you won't see your money back for a while.

grassman177
03-03-2010, 06:36 PM
I am sure if you do a search you will find lots of info about the bed redefiner.

That being said, I have one. They are NOT good if the soil is wet. It will bog down and become useless. They will not be good if the soil is hard. It will ride on top of the ground. They are good for redefining existing beds under ideal soil conditions, and thats about it. I use mine sometimes, but if I need to get a real good sharp deep edge, I use my Brown Bed edger. With large mulch jobs you may be better to rent.

Its not a bad purchase on my part, but it IS a specialized piece of equipment and as such you won't see your money back for a while.

if you arent happy with it i would be interested in buying it!

grass-scapes
03-03-2010, 07:20 PM
Didn't say I wasn't happy with it. I was commenting on the OP's question. My opinion on the product. I use it when I can.

NMS0219
03-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I got 2 of them. I love them. But your right depends on soil condition. Still would not go back to the brown

SimonCX
03-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I have one and it's nice for some jobs, grass-scapes sumed it up pretty well. Also watch out for whats behind you because for it's small size it throws dirt, rocks or anything else pretty far and will break a window very quick.

ElephantNest
03-04-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm pretty happy with mine, but it was WAY overpriced. I wouldn't buy another unless the price came down drastically.

ALC-GregH
03-04-2010, 03:49 PM
I made my own attachment. I bought the bit and straight stick edger attachment and pieced it together. I hate to use it. The debris that comes off of it could easily take out a window. I get nervous every time I get it out and use it. I've since gotten the OEM shield for it and made a extra wide flap. It still sends the stuff flying so I limit use of it.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/americanlawncare/DSC00970.jpg

Landscraper1
03-04-2010, 05:23 PM
I purchased one last year and my men love it. Just picked up a second one last week. Only reason I would buy an Echo.

tallimeca
03-06-2010, 08:10 PM
i will be using out demo from the shop at my house tomorrow.

tallimeca
03-06-2010, 08:15 PM
the shield is 50 percent of the design. You will not get the same results bolting the blade onto a stick edger......I know because I tried it because that's what everyone asks........

You need the 280 power head.

grassman177
03-06-2010, 09:13 PM
we have 208Ts and think the bed redefinder head could jsut be mounted to the end of one of those, does anyone have any idea what the head costs, to make it more affordable to have one of these by switching out the head

cgaengineer
10-31-2012, 02:37 PM
I wonder if this head would mount on a Stihl...I have a dedicated bed edger but this would be great for redefining.
Posted via Mobile Device