PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a dbl contact bayonet

Mataman
03-04-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm looking for a double contact bayonet LED amber w/driver,, anybody have a contact or link? I've been looking and can't seem to find any.

It's to replace an AR11

irrig8r
03-04-2010, 01:13 PM
The Cao Group manufacturers single contact bayonet LEDs, in cool white, warm white, red, green, amber.

http://caogroup.com/(S(k2hmijvwklzf5155xwwdi4eb))/SSL/1156.aspx

Calling them "1156" is misleading. the light out put is less than a GE 93 (but more than an 89)

List of distributors:
http://caogroup.com/(S(k2hmijvwklzf5155xwwdi4eb))/SSL/usa_canada.aspx

Not sure about double contact bayonets. I believe I saw them on a marine supply website.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-04-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm looking for a double contact bayonet LED amber w/driver,, anybody have a contact or link? I've been looking and can't seem to find any.

It's to replace an AR11

Check out superbrightleds.com HOWEVER...

1: You may find that their line of DCB lamps are Vdc only.
2: You will find that their line of lamps provide truly dismal light output.
3: They are more designed as indicator style lamps rather than for general illumintaion.

Mataman
03-04-2010, 05:07 PM
I've been to marine and superleds previously,, neither had what I really need.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-04-2010, 05:57 PM
What exactly is it that you need?

Mataman
03-05-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm trying to put together several turtle friendly light proposals. These will be on the walkovers from the road to the beach side so I need either an under rail light or those 3in wall post lights made in brass, s/s or copper.

I'd like to offer FX's copper Travecasa and/or their CopertinaLuce. Both use ar11 and I'd like to substitute leds. To use these I need to find a double contact bayonet led/driver with level pins and amber in color that won't burn out by the end of the month.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Why not pick a fixture that uses a G4 bi-pin socket and then install a 150Lm 2700K G4 Bi-Pin LED lamp?

I understand the need to keep the light levels low in a "Turtle Friendly" environment and also to shield the area from light trespass and glare.

ccfree
03-06-2010, 08:28 PM
I'm trying to put together several turtle friendly light proposals. These will be on the walkovers from the road to the beach side so I need either an under rail light or those 3in wall post lights made in brass, s/s or copper.

I'd like to offer FX's copper Travecasa and/or their CopertinaLuce. Both use ar11 and I'd like to substitute leds. To use these I need to find a double contact bayonet led/driver with level pins and amber in color that won't burn out by the end of the month.

Hey Mataman,

check out halcolighting.com and see if they have the LED you are looking for. I know they have a single contact. Good Luck.

irrig8r
03-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Halco offers these SCBs... but w/o enough info to determine brightness or much of anything...

http://halcolighting.com/index.jsp?path=product&part=4651&ds=dept&process=search&ID=,Lamps,LED,JC&prev=find

http://halcolighting.com/index.jsp?path=product&part=4652&ds=dept&process=search&ID=,Lamps,LED,JC&prev=find

And I've always considered their Prizm line of MR 16s pretty low end in terms of quality.

Mataman
03-09-2010, 09:03 AM
thanks guys

Mataman
03-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Why not pick a fixture that uses a G4 bi-pin socket and then install a 150Lm 2700K G4 Bi-Pin LED lamp?

I understand the need to keep the light levels low in a "Turtle Friendly" environment and also to shield the area from light trespass and glare.

2700 is not listed as turtle friendly,, needs to be more of an amber to red

sprinkler guy
03-10-2010, 01:01 AM

If you really want these fixtures, try changing the socket to one that will accomodate your bulb of choice. IMO, you are probably better off using an MR16 fixture which has the space for color filters and hex baffles. You can cut down your light output with the baffles (or frosted lenses) and get your color right with the filters. You'll also find the most choices for LED MR-16 bulbs.

The exposed bulb/socket of the TC and CL wouldn't be my first choice in a public access application close to the ocean. I would avoid Stainless Steel unless you will be maintaining the job. I've installed several different manu's SS fixtures in the last three years at the beach, and they all need regular cleaning. Brass and copper can age nicely, but stainless looks dirty and dull with no maintenance. It looks really cool when clean though.

Mataman
03-10-2010, 09:47 AM
the problem is that the municipal codes are fairly strict and all fixtures have to be inspected and passed by what I call the Turtle Police from several differing agencies from the county and all cities/villages within.
They have to be; no higher than this, no brighter than that, create a particular color, no filter, and no glare/hot spots, etc...
A fixture with an mr16 would be the easiest to obtain but most likely it wouldn't meet the criteria.
THe reason I'm looking at fx is it's local availability and price(price of led/driver would be another determining factor). THere's a few Kichler/vista fixtures that are accessible by local dealers but they're way more expensive, almost 1/3 more. So far focus has come through with a very nice sample brass sl35 but I'm worried about it slicing somebody's leg open since these will be roughly knee height on beach walkovers.

irrig8r
03-10-2010, 11:25 AM
http://www.safetybulbs.com/-strse-LED-Replacement-Lamps-cln-Bayonet-Based%2C-MB-fdsh-LED/Categories.bok