PDA

View Full Version : Trailer deal???

onlyINaJEEP
03-04-2010, 03:26 PM
just wondering how this sounds....

for 3200 out the door plus or minus a few bucks....

NEW!!! 18 foot 10,000 lb tandom axle trailer with a dove tail & treated deck, 4 inch lowered suspension on 2 torsion axles both with brakes....powder coated in black. no angle iron

I think that covers it.

what do you guys think? should I buy it

DUSTYCEDAR
03-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Sounds good

Raymond S.
03-04-2010, 05:39 PM
Where at in IN? Sounds like the same trailer I had built at JB in Elkhart. Mine was 20' w/ 22" solid sides, split rear HD gate, and side 5' side gate, radials, spare tire and carrier, everything else the same as yours, $3500.
One thing though...You already have the drop axles, why would you go with a dovetail? My trailer is about 10" off the ground at the rear w/ the dropaxles. Any closer and you're going to scrap about everywhere you go?

onlyINaJEEP
03-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Where at in IN? Sounds like the same trailer I had built at JB in Elkhart. Mine was 20' w/ 22" solid sides, split rear HD gate, and side 5' side gate, radials, spare tire and carrier, everything else the same as yours, $3500.
One thing though...You already have the drop axles, why would you go with a dovetail? My trailer is about 10" off the ground at the rear w/ the dropaxles. Any closer and you're going to scrap about everywhere you go?

yes, same place.

good point about how low it was to the ground, i was not sure and was going to check with them.. I need to get my Z on without rubbing the deck, other than that I could do without the dove tail.

Are you happy with the trailer from them? sounds like the best deal to me and I'm only about an hour away.

Raymond S.
03-05-2010, 04:25 PM
If you want to take a look at mine it's in Edwardsburg MI. It may be worth the drive to come see what you like and don't like about it. If you want to set something up just PM me and we can work out the details. But to answer the question, I'm extremely happy with them. I added a larger side gate and they double-railed that side to make sure it was solid enough. Also used box tubing on the whole trailer, no channel or I beams. I think the trailer is as solid as it comes. Like I said, it would be worth the drive if you want to check out the finished product.

onlyINaJEEP
03-05-2010, 05:14 PM
I was kind of hoping he had something to show me before I paid half. sounds like you got a better deal than me...was that with tax? mine is like $3167 out the door including in state tax.

Actually considering dropping to a 7000 lb hoping to hit under $2500...

onlyINaJEEP
03-05-2010, 05:22 PM
i will never need the 10,000lb

Raymond S.
03-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I was off on price. It was $3676 tax included. That was radials and a spare. He doesn't have alot on the lot because most of it goes to distributors or is a custom build. You could drop $75 by going paint instead of powder coat. Mine was a 20', not 18 so that's part of the added price. Spare tire carrier was extra, side fender markers, extra heavy gate. If it's a matter of $500, I'd spend the extra money and get what you want. The first time you think you need to pick up a skidsteer or something heavy, you'll wish you had the 5klb axles.
If you are serious and want to see a finished product, come check mine out. You won't find a cleaner better built trailer I promise you. If price is your only factor, have him dummy it down a little and fit your budget.

onlyINaJEEP
03-16-2010, 08:16 PM
hey thanks for the info...

I drove up today and his lot was full of trailers of various types. I put down $1500 of the $3400.

The trailer is 18 ft total with a 4 ft beaver tail. 2 5200 lb torsion axles. 4 d rings. 16 inch head ache rack on front. split 4 ft reinforced rear gates. treated 2x6 deck. rear stable jacks so trailer doesn't rock when loading and unloading when not attached to truck. spare tire and mount. wheel for the front to move around, probably wont work well but its $10. we will see...

I'm just a home owner with a little land, considering getting into the business..

what does it pay around here? I have a new deere zero turn Z830a 72 inch deck. a tractor deere 4300 with a loader and box and a woods 72 inch 3 point finish mower...and a little deere lt160 42 inch mulcher and some hand tools...

what does it pay? I would want some large grounds considering the size of my mowers...

any help would be great.

onlyINaJEEP
03-16-2010, 08:18 PM
so i should reconsider the dropped tail? does your zero turn deck drag when you load? and unload?