PDA

View Full Version : My recent bid...what do you think..

Stevegotcrabgrass
03-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Bid on a Large spring clean up. The area is just under 2 acres. On the two acres sits a house of approximately 2k sq/ft and a detached 2 car garage. The property backs up to water. There was a ton of leaves from neglect. The property was over grown...They wanted leaves REMOVED. They also had about 1k sq/ft ivy they wanted removed. My Costs are as follows:
Labor: 600
Bobcat: 300 (includes dumping of the ivy)
Leaf removal 250
Fuel 50
Total cost $1200. There would be my 4 guys (labor above) Bobcat operator and I sub my leaf collection (I do not have a leaf vac and this job is too big to bag or tarp and truck)

So cost is $1200. Would take a full day to complete. What would you charge? You know my cost. Obviously this is not taking into account insurance, taxes etc. I am giving you my DIRECT VARIABLE cost. Not fixed cost which would be incurred if I take this job or not.

What would you charge...it is A LOT of work...

Stevegotcrabgrass
03-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Bid on a Large spring clean up. The area is just under 2 acres. On the two acres sits a house of approximately 2k sq/ft and a detached 2 car garage. The property backs up to water. There was a ton of leaves from neglect. The property was over grown...They wanted leaves REMOVED. They also had about 1k sq/ft ivy they wanted removed. My Costs are as follows:
Labor: 600
Bobcat: 300 (includes dumping of the ivy)
Leaf removal 250
Fuel 50
Total cost $1200. There would be my 4 guys (labor above) Bobcat operator and I sub my leaf collection (I do not have a leaf vac and this job is too big to bag or tarp and truck)

So cost is $1200. Would take a full day to complete. What would you charge? You know my cost. Obviously this is not taking into account insurance, taxes etc. I am giving you my DIRECT VARIABLE cost. Not fixed cost which would be incurred if I take this job or not.

What would you charge...it is A LOT of work...

Forgot to mention my bid was $2400. It is below the margin I like to operate at normally but the size of the job warranted a lower gross margin percentage.

WenzelOSLLC
03-05-2010, 07:47 PM
I think I would have got a true 100% markup by having my overhead included but it really would depend on if the customer would be willing to pay that much. Some people want the hanging gardens for just a couple bucks and done last week.

Stevegotcrabgrass
03-07-2010, 07:44 PM
This was a residential job. I did NOT give them a break out of my expenses. I just quoted them a number. Since material is not being PUT DOWN, I gave a price for the amount of work, a bobcat and disposal. One lump sum..