PDA

View Full Version : Preemergent Herbicide Recomendations

RonG
06-13-2002, 12:02 PM
What Preemergent herbicide worked the best for you? I've tried Ronstar and Surflan with limited results. Thanks.

mark2
06-18-2002, 11:09 PM
Same here. I hear that barricade and gallery mixed works well. I would like to hear what other peoples results are.

I would like to find products that work well but have no root pruning affects.

tremor
06-19-2002, 06:34 AM
Dimension Ultra + Gallery is the top shelf pipe-dream pre-emergant mix of choice around here. Almost no odor, the color of water, & tank mixxes well with Confront for additional results without more odors.

No root pruning at all? Isn't that a little like asking for a direct flight, on time, all without leaving the ground?

Root pruning is a reality with any pre. But it happens by degree based on the herbicide selected & it's rate, the turf that is treated, soil type, mowing height, & other cultural & environmental factors too numerous for this AM's response.

I guess the only way to accurately answer this thread is to ask more questions. What are the soil types? Which zone are we talking about? What grasses are we treating? What weeds are we attempting to control?

Steve

RonG
06-20-2002, 01:21 PM
Thank you for responding.

"I guess the only way to accurately answer this thread is to ask more questions. What are the soil types? Which zone are we talking about? What grasses are we treating? What weeds are we attempting to control?"

The soil type is mainly clay.

We're talking about USDA Zone 10, Southern California, Sunset Western Garden Zone 24, 8 miles off the Pacific Coast, just minutes from Disneyland.

The target area is weed abatement in planter beds, as well as turf abatement in athletic fields.

The target plant material is common bermuda grass, crab grass, dallis grass, malva, spurge, sow thistle, curly doc, stinging nettle, and other assorted nefarious intruders.

I neglected to mention that the preferred preemergent would be tank mixed with Roundup Pro, and with a Signal Word no greater than "Caution".

Thanks for your help.