PDA

View Full Version : aerators, and pricing...

I mow in est
03-07-2010, 10:49 AM
so we got a small tractor, it can pull anything....we rented a aerator last fall, the problem with it was it was really small, and the transport wheel were annoying to push up and down, Especially when stacked with 300 #'s of weight on the back of it. im looking for something that can be used with a 3-pt hitch , and at least 60". ive only found a few places on the E-net, my local dealers want to charge a arm and a leg.....

then with pricing, bout what do yall charge for 1-4 acre lots? just to aerate, not seed or fertalize i already got that figured out...

I mow in est
03-07-2010, 11:03 AM
when i aerated last year in the fall, i aerated for about 50$ for most of the yards, from 1-4 acres, too much, or too low?

SeedPro
03-07-2010, 11:12 AM
4 acres for 50 bucks?

Wanna aerate all my lawns for me?

Seriously. Aeration goes for 8 to 12 dollars 'Per Thousand Square Feet" with at least a 50 dollar minimum.

I wouldn't aerate 4 acres for less than 1000.00 dollars.

Obviously as the size goes up the price per thousand goes down some per thousand just like in mowing.

Here's the only aerator you want or will ever need. Other than a small hand machine for areas you can't do with a tracaire.

http://www.ryanturf.com/products/turf_aerators/tracaire/

50 an acre? 50 for 4 acres?

:dizzy:

I mow in est
03-07-2010, 11:43 AM
ha thats $1720 for 4 acres.... the thing is people arnt gonna want it done, for that much after already doin them last year for $50. got any ideas? i think ill just charge a 50$ per acre now.

SeedPro
03-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Well you should be busy. I wouldn't aerate my own lawn for that.

That's $1.17 per thousand square feet. You'd aerate my lawn for 3 dollars and 51 cents. Lol

You should never have posted what you charge here but rip yourself off. I don't care.

I mow in est
03-07-2010, 11:55 AM
ha, im only 16 and i dont have a biz officially, so i cant really charge too much and have ppl start wonderin bout things like that, the people are my neighbors , im not gonna piss them off, plus nobody owns a postage stamp around here..... we got 7acres, then most other people have 1-4 acres

SeedPro
03-07-2010, 11:58 AM
ha, im only 16 and i dont have a biz officially,

and you never will.

I mow in est
03-07-2010, 02:11 PM
who the f*** r u? u see my signature? guss what all that i payed for except for the truck u dumba$$, i make about 10,000 a summer, for a 16 year old around here thats alot, most ppl my age my 3 grand all year.... all my equipment is new too... my main biz is mowin with the ferris, then doing front loader work with the tractor, and fertilizing and seeding with the tractor, tell me did u own this much equipment when u were 16?

SeedPro
03-07-2010, 02:34 PM
who the f*** r u? u see my signature? guss what all that i payed for except for the truck u dumba$$, i make about 10,000 a summer, for a 16 year old around here thats alot, most ppl my age my 3 grand all year.... all my equipment is new too... my main biz is mowin with the ferris, then doing front loader work with the tractor, and fertilizing and seeding with the tractor, tell me did u own this much equipment when u were 16?

You made 10,000 last year. If you charged a fair price you would have made 20,000 and probably did less work.

I was just trying to help you out Kid, but if you want to give your hard work and services away for pennies an hour, go for it. I'm sure you'll get plenty of takers and they will laugh all the way to the bank knowing they are taking advantage of you and your lack of business savvy.

That's not fair....but it's your own damn fault.

I mow in est
03-07-2010, 02:50 PM
yes i under stand that im doing it for cheap, i didnt understand i was aerating for so cheap, ill fix that, most everything i do though i try to competitively price with a company that came through my neighborhood last year.... thanks anyways for helping, sorry i kind of went off, im just pissed right now cuse i got to do a damn paper for damn school....

SeedPro
03-07-2010, 02:54 PM
yes i under stand that im doing it for cheap, i didnt understand i was aerating for so cheap, ill fix that, most everything i do though i try to competitively price with a company that came through my neighborhood last year.... thanks anyways for helping, sorry i kind of went off, im just pissed right now cuse i got to do a damn paper for damn school....

No big deal. I just don't want to see you rip yourself off. You may not have to or be able to charge full price, but mowing lawns and aerating is hard work and the equipment is expensive and you should be paid a fair wage.

Now go finish that paper.

JoJo1990
03-08-2010, 08:41 PM
I towed my lawn mower behind my bike growing up before I had a car. I had 11 lawns that I cut on a weekly basis. I too worked my rear off and didn't charge nearly what I should have. However, life is nothing but a series of connections. Those connections I made when I was young helped me to get where I am today. Stay in the fight kiddo and keep working hard. Charge accordingly to your area and make sure you charge enough so you pay your equipment off AND earn some spending money.