PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take you guys to get pavers?

Landscaping Fool
06-13-2002, 09:39 PM
I have ordered some pavers and they are consistantly taking along time to come in. Is this normal or should i find anew supplier. I live near Canton, Ohio if any of you know of a good supplier.

Stonehenge
06-13-2002, 09:50 PM
Depends on the supplier (and the volume they do), and the paver in question.

It took me a year and a half to get some Cushwa handmades, but it usually takes only 2 days to a week between when I order and when it arrives, unless they have to mfg them, then 2-3 weeks.

Do you only use one supplier?

Landscaping Fool
06-14-2002, 09:04 AM
I have more than one supplier but this is the only one that carries oberfield bricks. I am only 17 and i think they dont respect me because of my age. But i understand that alot of people think that i cant do the work until they see my photo album then it changes their mind.

steveair
06-14-2002, 03:10 PM
Hello,

what quantities are you ordering? For small orders, alot of stone suppliers give you the cold shoulder and will tell you some outrageous amount of time to get them in.

Most places are a pain when you need less than a pallet of something, or one of the less commonly used items that they don't stock.

Best bet is to stick with the local manufactures for most jobs or plan on getting the orders in early, and also plan to add on some extra charges for all the extra work involved in getting small/uncommon materials.

Most the time, I can call a order in and go right to the factory all within the same hour here, but there's 2 diff't factories within a 10 mile radius of my work. I also have found a few suppliers that stock a very large amount of material on hand that I know will be easy to pick-up.

It's just one of those things that you really have to be on top of. When you sell a job, get the job rolling right away. Get a deposit check and order the materials well before hand, even have them arrive early if you can. I've seen/experienced too many jobs where guys are sitting around 'twiddling there thumbs' waiting for materials to arrive.

steve

Henry
06-16-2002, 10:07 AM
I use mostly Belgard pavers and my supplier usually has them in stock or can have them in 1-2 days. They will even deliver same day if I order early.

Pelican
06-22-2002, 11:34 PM
I'm fortunate enough to live 1/2 hour from my suppliers plant and pick up my materials as needed. I know a few of their drivers from a previous job and according to them most orders are delivered in one to two days for standard bricks. I've special ordered bricks from their Canadian plant and received them in about ten days. There's also a distributor in my area that can fill my order in one or two days as well. I think you need to shop around a bit for a supplier that will work with you. Perhaps you should take your photos with you and show the salesman your past receipts, if he can't provide you with better service, find someone who will. I'll bet you'll see a change of tune with that attitude.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
06-23-2002, 10:09 AM
WOW... I use UNILOCK primarily and have not yet had a problem.. My supplier usually has them in stock or if not will have them the next day or at latest two days... And on large orders they even can have UNilock direct ship to my jobsite to save time.. It's a beautiful thing...

paul
06-23-2002, 11:04 AM
How many of you purchase directly from the manufactor?

kris
06-23-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by paul
How many of you purchase directly from the manufactor?

We do ..

We also keep a fairly large supply of pavers,wall units and caps that we know we will use in the yard. Over the years we have a accumulated a bit of this and that...some outdated now. Think it is time for a "yard sale";)

Pelican
06-23-2002, 10:15 PM
Ditto Kris!