PDA

View Full Version : Larger Landscape Companies in MA, CT, RI

ssprtman12
03-09-2010, 10:58 AM
In case anyone doesn't look at Lawnsite, and just jumps to here. . . .

Well graduation is upon me in a few short months where i will finally have my degree in Landscape Architecture. I want to end up in an office one day but while I'm young and the job market for those jobs is small to no existent I'm looking to work as a foreman or some sort of similar position at a landscape company and possibly work up the company to a designer if its a position there. I have several years of field and foreman's positions so I'm taping that resource for now.

Please let me know if anyone has opportunities, but more specifically any larger companies that are in MA, CT, or RI that i could get in contact with and check out.

Thanks,
Paul

bigviclbi
03-09-2010, 11:08 AM
www.hortjobs.com

PaperCutter
03-10-2010, 07:14 AM
Talking to my family in RI, it sounds like the market's really tough up there. Is that the only region you're looking at?

ssprtman12
03-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Yea, although the market may be better elsewhere. . .although i havent heard great things nationwide, the Northeast is where i want to be. The design firm area is pretty slow, but there is quite a bit at the High End Residential and Commercial levels from what i have heard. RI itself is a place id consider but after looking around, there isnt a whole lot there. MA has more opportunities.

Sunny Days
03-11-2010, 05:27 PM
Look at state jobs for those states. I know here in California Cal Trans(Highways) is looking for a entry level LA that start at about 90k plus benefits and furlow(Spelling) days :). Good luck and congrats.