PDA

View Full Version : Tools and GPS

Larson Lawn Care
03-11-2010, 10:06 PM
I went to the truck this morning, opened the door and my stuff was all over my seats. My first thought was "Did I leave all of this stuff here" then immediately I looked at the outside lock and there was a hole beneath the handle. I called the cops right away. They stole my tool box with lots of hand tools etc., and my GPS. I live in an apartment complex and I have heard of other people in the complex having their car broken into, but I never thought they could get into mine. I have an alarm that goes off if you open the door without a key, but I guess if they popped it open with a screw driver, it doesn't work. I replaced all of the stolen stuff cost me about $800. The door still locks but I need to get the hole in the door fixed. Not sure how much that will cost me. I will be calling my insurance company tomorrow and ask the what I should do. I'm pretty sure I have a $500 deductible but I'm not sure if that will affect my rates if I make a claim? I guess I'm gonna get a high tech alarm.

xclusive
03-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Damn!! Sorry to hear that!! You rates most likely will not be affected if this is your first claim against your insurance. However if you have several claim then that is a whole different story.

Larson Lawn Care
03-12-2010, 09:49 PM
It would be my first claim but I don't think I am going to claim it. I already replaced everything and bought an alarm.

Millers Lawn Care
03-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Sorry to hear about that! Our vehicle was broken into this winter there at the arch when we were on a family trip to the east coast. Luckily the security guard came driving in right when they were in the process of breaking the window out so they never got anything from inside. We just had to replace the drivers door glass, which was a pain but WAY better then having all our luggage, cash, computers, passports, etc. gone!!! Hopefully your new alarm will take care of future problems.

Larson Lawn Care
03-13-2010, 07:42 PM
St. Louis is horrible for theft. I didn't know they could bypass my factory alarm. I'll be ready for them this time. I just went to Cabella's and picked out a shiny new .40 cal just in case I have to regulate.

360ci
03-21-2010, 12:02 PM
I'd set it up so the gun's aimed toward the driver should a thief enter in, and once the door opens more than 1/3 the way, shoots the bugger in the head. I suppose you could claim it was a suicide at least. Just be sure to put a sticker on the door/window "Thieves will be shot on site" so you shouldn't have any legal repercussions. Who knows, it could work. Just isn't legal in Canada, shame really.

Larson Lawn Care
03-22-2010, 11:05 AM
That would be awesome, I'd probably forget it was there and shoot myself

MarcSmith
03-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Id at least get my truck fixed. if they punched out the lock or drilled a hole in the side...to gain access. gotta be way more than 500 bucks, plus you've already eaten up your deductible replacing your tools...