PDA

View Full Version : Fake "silk" flame fire pit/feature

RLDesign
03-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Hello,

I am writing to find out if anyone has experience with making fake fire features. I want to find out who knows of a kit that uses a blower, silk material, and lights. I do not need a fog machine. Thanks for any help you can provide.

We design a lot of candles and fire features, bringing the lighting back to a primitive, more intimate level.

Talk soon.

Tanek
Reynolds Lighting Design

S&MLL
03-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Seems like it would look kinda cheap to me. Even if done perfect I cant see it lasting very long by the shore.

RLDesign
03-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Same product is in torches and street lamps in tropicana and in vegas. There are very high-end options, and we are trying to find a source for one. We will use it in our showroom to demonstrate a fire feature - but we will build the real thing to use outdoors!

Thanks anyway.

Tanek

ChampionLS
03-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Tanek, Try this link :

http://www.eliminatorlightingdirect.com/Enferno_Giant_simulated_flame_effect_p/enferno.htm

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-12-2010, 09:26 PM
I built some torches like this in the past. Simply used those $40 torchiere fixtures you can buy at walmart, put a box fan in them and a surrounded the fan/lamp assembly with coloured silk fabric. They looked great for the theme dinner that I was decorating.

David Gretzmier
03-13-2010, 01:28 AM
I saw many of those fake torches on the Norweigan Dawn last week. They were some of the best I've seen, but everyone touched them when they walked by, because they still kinda looked fake. but a neat dancing shadowy effect on the walls.