PDA

View Full Version : We worked it all out


The Lighting Geek
03-12-2010, 01:50 PM
I am moved by the support everyone has demonstrated and I thank you. I had a great conversation this morning with David Gretzmier. David and I have worked everything out and I believe there were no bad intentions on his part. He is moving forward with something different and unique to him and his company, and I have offered any help he needs.

David has always offered his perspectives, knowledge, etc. to this forum. I would encourage everyone to move past this issue and I look forward to his participation in the future.

irrig8r
03-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I am moved by the support everyone has demonstrated and I thank you. I had a great conversation this morning with David Gretzmier. David and I have worked everything out and I believe there were no bad intentions on his part. He is moving forward with something different and unique to him and his company, and I have offered any help he needs.

David has always offered his perspectives, knowledge, etc. to this forum. I would encourage everyone to move past this issue and I look forward to his participation in the future.

Always nice to hear about things taking a positive turn...

RLDesign
03-12-2010, 03:41 PM
I will leave it behind, BUT I find it so weird and odd that someone would operate like that and think it was OK. It seems to me David knows what he is talking about, but that was the most messed piece of copyright infringement I have ever heard. I am glad you figured things out, and I will put this behind me. It was not just that I enjoyed working with you Tommy and was offended he thought he could do it, but I was offended because it just wasn't right in any way. I hope you are as busy as I am.

Talk soon.

Tanek
Reynolds Lighting Design

I just found these pics from last summer and I always send photos that are as random as ever. You will like the last one - it looks like I am pissed at my driver tip. I know, I know - safety, safety, safety!!!

klkanders
03-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Nice that you both got it worked out Tommy!

Tanek, Is the cell service that bad in your area? :)

Pro-Scapes
03-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Tommy I wish I was more like you. While I try to forgive and forget when someone wrongs me I am not 100% sure I could have remained as cool as you did about this.

Kudos to you.

Classic Lighting
03-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Glad to see this issue has come to a conclusion and we can move on to other business issues.
Posted via Mobile Device

David Gretzmier
03-12-2010, 11:51 PM
It was good to talk to Tommy this morning and clear the air. While I was dreading the phone call as this was a big hoopla on lawnsite, Tommy and I hit it off great. What I love about Tommy is the fact we talked for easily 30-45 minutes on everything from fixtures, LED, distributors, consulting, marketing, cats, pricing, competition, costs, franchising, etc. Tommy was extremely helpful to come up with ideas and advice on everything ! While many of you may know Tommy as the guy on TV who builds light fixtures out of kitchen utensils, That maybe represents 1% of the guy I talked to. The other 99% is chocked full of good advice on every aspect of the landscape lighting biz.

we talked about different new names for my company, and I will be moving forward with that and developing new logo's and fonts with my marketing company. Once that is done, we will be changing the website and turning the web address, along with the twitter and facebook stuff over to Tommy as soon as we get the other site up and running well on the google search listings. I anticipate that taking several months, and Tommy is fine with that timeframe .

and to answer the question many of you asked- I chose a name change after 10 years or so because so many business's are named the same or very similar to my old name- "Brite Ideas". we continue to get calls for 2 other "brite ideas" near me ( they also bought a distributorship like I did and have equal rights to the name ) and also for Bright Ideas daycare and Brite Lights ( a home fixture distributor that has went out of business ).

My new name will be unique, copyrighted and trademarked so only I can use it locally and however I expand regionally.

tonyGub
03-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Not to beat a dead horser here. We see this all the time with people who enter the business and try to take advantage of someone elses hard work. I guess you just dont expect it from a seasoned veteran. Tommy you handled yourself very well. I have a friend who sued a guy over this and settled out of court for a hefty amount.

TXNSLighting
03-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Great to hear this got resolved.

Mark B
03-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Glad to hear you guys got it worked out. It sucks how it all went down. But in my opinion if you guys are happy with the end result. That is all that counts.