PDA

View Full Version : Parts prices

Shultz
06-16-2002, 12:25 AM
At the local equipment supply getting a anti scalp I ran over and shot out...it came unbolted ? when I heard the price of a hustler spindle....over $300.00. I think a complete scag spindle is 185. How about exmark?

mowerconsultant
06-16-2002, 02:35 PM
$300.00 for a Hustler Spindle ???
I dont think so, maybe $300 for all 3...........
The spindle the Hustler Z and Super Z use is Hustler part # 350595 full list price is $105.50 and it is ductile cast iron with a solid shaft with 2 sealed bearings, I can tell you we have used this design for over 20 years, with little change, it is the best spindle you can buy. The bearings in this spindle are used in several places on every product we build.
Shoot the housing that spindle uses is used in everything we build except the Hustler Hog, and FasTrak.....
The FasTrak (homeowner machine) spindle assembly, Hustler part # 783506, full list price is $76.25
This spindle is the same as used in another red mower that is a sponsor on this forum, in there Z's

Now we have had some larger industrial decks over the years, but the spindles were still NOT 300 a piece.
Please tell me what unit they said the spindle was 300 a piece for.

Later
Pj

Shultz
06-17-2002, 12:06 AM
I'm not sure what unit the spindle was for, but I would swear they were talking hustler. Maybe I'm wrong. I dont think the spindles had sealed bearings. This was the maintenence guy for the Gary School Corp in IN.-

Thanks for the clairification.