PDA

View Full Version : Snake like walkway question

xtreem3d
03-12-2010, 04:56 PM
hi guys,
i don't do alot of paver work and most of the ones i have done have been square and retangular (ie: pretty easy) but now i have to do a walkway that is about 60 feet long and 5 feet wide but "meanders" like a snake from the street curb to the patio of a manufacturing plant. what i'd like to know is do you guys try (and is it even possible) to figure out the width in advance so that at some point along the walk i don't end up with "slivers" being pieced in at the edge's. just not sure it's possible with a wiggling walkway. any help especially some pics would be great,
TIA
steve

Rex Mann
03-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Steve,

can you lay it in a running bond pattern? that way you'll have very few cuts, just at the beginning and end. if the running bond is out then you would just overlay your walkway width by say 6-inches per side. then put down your flexible tubes you use to mark the cut line. when ever you see a sliver cut just manipulate the pattern to allow for a larger cut.

best of luck

Rex

http://PaversInstalled.Com

xtreem3d
03-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Hi Rex,
thanks for the reply. I don't know if a running bond is out of the question yet or not, that sure would make life easy, should find out more monday,
steve