PDA

View Full Version : Glad to see you came back to us!

grassman177
03-12-2010, 09:38 PM
we are very glad to have you back here to help all us lawn turds with issues or questions on your products. don't know why you left, don't need to know either, but Glad to see you are back. :clapping:

South Florida Lawns
03-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Yes I too am happy to see wright back on.

Toro 44
03-16-2010, 08:59 AM
Yes, Thanks for coming back! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

grassman177
03-19-2010, 08:03 PM
all the thanks, but they dont seem to be on here!!! what is up with that?

Toro 44
03-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Starting to wonder the same thing.

WrightCommercial
03-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Just have to say the word...we're happy to help!

Toro 44
03-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Wright Commercial,

Do you have any answers for the questions in this thread:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=308841

I have never posted a link before. If it doesn't work, I'm sorry.

The thread is the very recent one about the throttle control on a zk and other questions.

I will watch for answers in that thread.

Thanks so much in advance!

grassman177
03-24-2010, 06:11 AM
yaY, they are back. as i posted, nice to have you here. unfortunatly, we super seldom have issues with our standers so i dont know how often we willhave to post!

but i do have a ???

can you please tell me the proper deck pitch for the 48in stander. i realize it changes with deck height variance between lawns of different cut heights, but we use one height as a standard formost lawns and we want to get the most out of the cutting deck. by the way, that height of cut we use it most often is 4in.

just wanted to know if you have a preference for your machines to cut optimally as har as pitch goes, as i know you can adjust the front and rear tires.

Thanks

WrightCommercial
03-24-2010, 10:06 AM
grassman177,

Glad to hear you seldom have issues, and this question gets asked alot. We set the mowers with a 1/4" of positive pitch. How have you set the mower to achieve the 4 inch cut height? The best way to acheive the higher cut and maintain the 1/4" pitch is to reset the machine to the higher set (moving wheel motors and casters down), if the blade spacers are the only change the blade gets to high in the cutter deck, if the caster "c" spacer is only moved it can cause to much pitch (positive or negative). Also, rear tire pressure changes warrant a blade tip measurement (pitch check), this is the most common cause of cut issues due to pitch. A couple pounds of pressure change should not change the pitch enough but if running even lower pressures and add the operator weight the deck can go flat or even negative pitch. We understand lower pressure can be more comfortable and help with slope holding but if it is changed the pitch should be checked and corrected if necessary.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.

grassman177
03-24-2010, 03:26 PM
thanks, i run most of our mowers at 1/4 pitch, but have never checked the standers and will do so, we dont mess with the spacers under the deck, blades should stay in a very similar area to achieve proper suction and flow and we dont want to change that for sure.

i like to set the mower for the 4in cut height and then the few cuts that are lower we just use the C spacers on the castors and dont mind the difference in cut, but want to ensure the proper setting for the normal cut. i think we do have the rear wheels set to the lowest setting making it sit the highest in the rear, and then all the C spacers on the bottom up front, but i will check my pitch reguardless and make sure it is correct.

we also have one of the new 2010 standers and i cant wait to get it out in the green, the new features are looking great and glad you made the changes to them. the new 48in we bought has the 19hp on it as that is what is available at the dealer, is that new standard, or is the 17 still available?
thanks

WrightCommercial
03-24-2010, 04:24 PM
grassman177,

Since the rear change is 3/4" and the c-spacer is 1/2" you may find you need another 1/4" in the front. If this is the case unbolt the caster arms and only move the bolt in the arm itself and then mount it back on the bracket in the same hole. Moving the bolt on the arm only is a 1/4" change, moving the bolt on the mounting bracket only is a 1/2" change. This applies to all previous Large Frame Standers before the model change. The WS4817 is still available but there is a chance it will end its run as more people are buying the WS4819.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.

grassman177
03-24-2010, 06:23 PM
nice, forgot about the castors being adjustable! kudos!! thanks a bunch man, and the info on the newer models is great too