PDA

View Full Version : NJ stone suppliers

Henry
06-16-2002, 10:28 AM
Anyone in NJ know where I can get a light colored stone in 1/4" size?

bobbygedd
06-19-2002, 12:39 AM
what is a "light colored stone? white, or pink marble? beach stone?what part of jersey r u from, maybe i can help

PAPS
06-19-2002, 09:00 PM
Try Braen Stone in North Haledon, they have every type of stone you can imagine....

Henry
06-22-2002, 07:48 AM
I'm from north Jersey (Wayne) and I cant find anything to satisfy this customer. We are building this Zen garden and all the info I have found says it should have light(white to light gray), crushed granite but he doesn't want this because it's the same color as the gravel we used for a path between this thing and the wife's vegetable garden. Now he's ready to order crushed quartz from a sandblasting supplier in Illinois at a price of $1224.00 for 3600 lbs. plus delivery.

PAPS,

I get almost all my supplies from Braen these days. I don't think I've ever been to a place that takes care of you faster than them.

steveair
06-22-2002, 08:13 AM
Hello,

Have you searched any quarries yet? Southdown in sussex county has a lot of different materials.

steve

Lanelle
06-22-2002, 11:09 AM
We use a sandy colored river stone that is called Deleware River Jacks. I think it must come from that general area. Maybe try going south into Delaware. Here that size is sold as pea gravel, even at garden centers.

MJ LANDSCAPING
06-23-2002, 08:36 AM
:blob3: JUST TRY A PLACE CALLED "NEW JERSEY SAND & GRAVEL" THEY ARE LOCATED IN WALL, NEW JERSEY. THATS CENTRAL NEW JERSEY, BUT THEY DELIVER ALL OVER THE STATE. THEY HAVE EVERY TYPEOF STONE, SIZE AND COLOR. THE SAME FOR MULCHES, TOO.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
06-23-2002, 10:06 AM
Hey Henry, Hows it going....

Check with PASVALCO in Closter NJ... Not sure if they have it or not but they do have alot of odd and unique stone. Or there is a place just over the border in NY State, not sure of the name but guess its Rockland county ?? Maybe Tuxedo or SLoatsburg ?? thats supposed to be a pretty massive place ?? never been in there though ? But might be worth checking out ?

Henry
06-23-2002, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the help everyone, but I think I'll let the customer order the quartz. I've spent way too much time on this already.

MJ, I spoke to NJ Sand and Gravel on Monday. They were supposed to send me a sample but never did.

Scapeasaurusrex, are you reffering to Mohawk Materials? I know they're connected with Turkey Hill Stone in Mahwah.

NNJLandman
06-23-2002, 10:29 PM
Try Structural Stone.....www.structuralstone.com

SCAPEASAURUSREX
06-27-2002, 06:35 PM
Henry,

Might be Mohawk Materials, Also Structural stone down on 46 I believe ? as NNJ landman stated.. They have a nice selection , especially of natural stone, got a bunch of bluestone for steps a few years back, nice stuff.....