PDA

View Full Version : solid steel shovels

tthomass
03-13-2010, 03:42 PM
Anybody get them online? I've looked around a few places. Nurseries want $50+

JB1
03-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Anybody get them online? I've looked around a few places. Nurseries want $50+

they are not cheap but you won't need to buy another either.

oh yeah try. http://amleo.com/

DVS Hardscaper
03-13-2010, 04:15 PM
AM Leonard. I bought steel handled spades from them about 10(+) years ago. Paid a heck of a lotta money for them. Other than 1 or 2 disappearing - we haven't had to replace one yet........

Bru75
03-14-2010, 01:23 AM
Yep, AM Leonard. These things will last a lifetime.

PatriotLandscape
03-14-2010, 10:51 AM
the spade will wear out before a knucklehead can break them. they are the only shovel we buy.

loupiscopolandscaping
03-14-2010, 12:15 PM
id like 1 for shrub removal only.lol i hate how wooden shafts only allow minimal presure for "popping" roots. solid steel seems great!

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
03-14-2010, 12:50 PM
id like 1 for shrub removal only.lol i hate how wooden shafts only allow minimal presure for "popping" roots. solid steel seems great!

You can also get long handled spades made of all steel that are great for prying on roots and other stuff. lol!

We pay $55 for our metal D spades made by wolverine

I love these shovels except when you hit a rock and it feels like your hand is going to shatter.

scagtiger
03-14-2010, 01:31 PM
You can also get long handled spades made of all steel that are great for prying on roots and other stuff. lol!

We pay $55 for our metal D spades made by wolverine

I love these shovels except when you hit a rock and it feels like your hand is going to shatter.

We use the wolverines and pay about $55 for them also.. ive been getting ours from jd landscapes... we have 3 and getting ready to buy a few more

PatriotLandscape
03-14-2010, 08:45 PM
we have one that my wife picked up that we call the punisher. its about 13 pounds makes a bad ass prybar. used it to install granite steps the other day great for sliding them into place.

neighborguy
03-15-2010, 11:35 PM
I agree with everyone above. The results justify the cost. They are the only thing I need to remove the root balls from shrubs. I have also seen them run over by trucks and still function well. All that said, they come with a 5 year contractor guarantee, nuff said.

loupiscopolandscaping
03-18-2010, 08:51 AM
do you guys have a website for these shovels you use? id like to add 2 to my fleet, i have more shovels then i know what to do with , but these would be used to either A) pry roots or B) like Patriot said, PUNISH LAZY WORKERS! haha

Lazer_Z
03-18-2010, 04:13 PM
do you guys have a website for these shovels you use? id like to add 2 to my fleet, i have more shovels then i know what to do with , but these would be used to either A) pry roots or B) like Patriot said, PUNISH LAZY WORKERS! haha Here's the main shovel page http://www.amleo.com/index/help-desk/subcat.cgi?Cat=HC

Here's a round point steel handle shovel http://www.amleo.com/index/item.cgi?cmd=view&Words=ww47