PDA

View Full Version : When are you starting spring clean ups

polarismalibu
03-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Just wondering when you guys are starting clean ups this spring? its 60 hear in Minnesota 98% of the snow is gone so it wont be long now!

cuttin-to-the-Max
03-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Michigan--
Its been raining here for like 3 days straight... 98% of snow is all gone except for where we piled tons of it up so im thinking last wk of march or early april...Im getting the mowers ready now!

SaharaLandscaping
03-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

SaharaLandscaping
03-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Im curious as to what all is generally involved in a spring clean up and how much one would charge to do so. I have a guy that wants me to quote him for a cleanup but i have no clue what to charge!
Posted via Mobile Device

cuttin-to-the-Max
03-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Im curious as to what all is generally involved in a spring clean up and how much one would charge to do so. I have a guy that wants me to quote him for a cleanup but i have no clue what to charge!
Posted via Mobile Device

my spring clean up is just getting up all leaves (like the ones that fell down after fall clean up)
Getting all sticks up of the lawn and from in beds
pulling out any dead leaves/flowers
disposal of everything
That right there is a good $200-300

ALC-GregH
03-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Time and material's. It's that easy.

ryde307
03-14-2010, 10:05 PM
On earlier years its normally around 10th of april I believe but after today Im thinking maybe 2 weeks from now.
Suprised either way with how much snow pack we have had.

joel29m
03-14-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm not up north so my opinion might not matter, but down here we started already, about 2 weeks ago.
Posted via Mobile Device

SuperiorService.110mb.com
03-14-2010, 10:12 PM
Cleanup is just that, cleanup. Why would you wait to do it? Your not landscapeing of fertilizing so you don't need to wait for the weather. Do everything but landscaping, fertilization, and pruning.
Charge your hourly rate plus any other fees.

SaharaLandscaping
03-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Sounds good to me. I think im going to start out at 40$/hr to remove limbs and sticks, leaves, pull up big weeds from the flower bed and spray the small weeds. Ill even cut the grass to top off a freshly cleaned yard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jb3NH
03-15-2010, 09:31 AM
You got it right, leaves, limbs, sticks, keep an eye out for plow damage. In regards to mowing, i've found that people love to have the first stripes on the their block. $40 sounds about right. In NH i'm out there as soon as i'm comfortable with taking the sander out of the truck.

gardiner
03-15-2010, 09:50 AM
the ground is saturated in my area i hope to get out by the end of this week

Jason Rose
03-15-2010, 09:57 AM
We got out about 2 weeks ago here cutting down pampas and other grasses. Last week just started mowing some that were shaggy or had leaves from over winter blow in. This week I'm just finishing mowing the ones that need it and starting round 1 of fert.

No tree limbs to clean up this year, we had a rough winter but no ice... Thank god...
Posted via Mobile Device