PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailer

TurnerLawnCare
03-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Ok, i've got my enclosed, fixin to take it to the sign shop. My question is about how much business am i going to get from pulling around my portable billboard(trailer). To put the decals on there will cost 530. But they're big. And they put them on for me. Should i go for it or not waste my money. I think having a sign that big will get major attention. And business. Agree, disagree?

MikeKle
03-16-2010, 11:02 AM
It should, but it also may not get you ANY business? There is no guaranteed results from any type of advertising. I get more calls from referrals than the name on my truck. It must be VERY big to cost $530.? My door signs were $90. and they are pretty big and multi-colored. You do not need to spend that amount to get calls though. Try a smaller size and just see how many calls you get from it.

ALC-GregH
03-16-2010, 11:06 AM
No different then having a ad in the phone book. It can gain you customers sure. How many if any will vary. If you're happy with what they have done design wise then go for it. It's a one time advertising expense too. Only have to pay once and it will last for years, well unless you get more trailers. :)

MikeKle
03-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Sometimes just hauling your trailer full of mowers down the road can get you work, especially in the spring, Ive been stopped while at red lights by other drivers, some of them actually ask me " Do you mow grass"? I had to laugh, No, I just like driving around town dragging all these mowers with me!! But Ive gotten a few accounts this way, just by being on the road, right time at the right place! That or at gas stations, people will often stop and ask me for my number or to come give them a bid.

Landscraper1
03-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Having your trailer lettered is the most cost effective advertising you will ever do. That is a traveling billboard that you don't have to pay rent on.

TurnerLawnCare
03-16-2010, 01:26 PM
I agree with all of yall. Ok, i'm going for it. I'll put the letters on. Then i'll post some pics for yall.

yardatwork
03-16-2010, 04:05 PM
It's also a write off...it really won't cost $530.00! Think of it that way. Pay for it now or pay for it in April!!!

Landscraper1
03-16-2010, 04:27 PM
It's also a write off...it really won't cost $530.00! Think of it that way. Pay for it now or pay for it in April!!!

It's a regular business expense. It's only a write off if your making a profit.

TurnerLawnCare
03-16-2010, 05:27 PM
I don't pay taxes cuz i'm 16 and a minor can't legally "own" his own business. So.... my business doesn't exist. so...... i don't pay taxes. Now if somebody asks how i got all the equipment and truck and trailer. Then i may be in trouble. But untill then.......

dclandscape
03-16-2010, 05:30 PM
I am in the process of painting a used enclosed trailer I picked up a few weeks ago. The sign guy told me it would cost about $600. My lettering will be chrome with a blue outline. 4' x 8' area, $600. WORTH IT! We plan on parking the thing at every job we have. (contruction jobs).

Bunton Guy
03-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Having your trailer lettered is the most cost effective advertising you will ever do. That is a traveling billboard that you don't have to pay rent on.

It's also the biggest "hey look what I have in the trailer come steal it" sign.

The largest companies in town either have no logo on their trucks and trailers or a 2'X2' logo with just their name no phone number. They are in such high demand people will look them up in the yellow pages they don't need the road side advertising. I'm just guessing here....no known facts.

clydebusa
03-16-2010, 06:24 PM
It's also the biggest "hey look what I have in the trailer come steal it" sign.

The largest companies in town either have no logo on their trucks and trailers or a 2'X2' logo with just their name no phone number. They are in such high demand people will look them up in the yellow pages they don't need the road side advertising. I'm just guessing here....no known facts.

Just what I was thinking! One of the largest companies in Dallas doesn't have a thing on their trucks or trailers.

I have a small sign on both sides of my truck but took my phone number off because the only people called was looking for a job. My enclosed trailers is plain. I also wouldn't have a aluminum trailer because they can get broke into so easy. Hear of 1 or 2 every year.

dclandscape
03-16-2010, 07:20 PM
The only way your breaking into mine is if you cut a friggin hole in the side of it. And its always parked in a front yard or on a main road, not many people would whip out the torch to cut a big ass hole in the side of a trailer...

ALC-GregH
03-16-2010, 07:29 PM
The only way your breaking into mine is if you cut a friggin hole in the side of it. And its always parked in a front yard or on a main road, not many people would whip out the torch to cut a big ass hole in the side of a trailer...

you'd be surprised.....

clydebusa
03-16-2010, 07:33 PM
you'd be surprised.....

Not me,, They usually use a ax to cut the side and then rip it open then knock their way in. It is good you keep a close eye out. And I would add 3/4 plywood on the inside to help stop them,, not the 3/16 stuff alot of the trailers have.

KJG24
03-16-2010, 09:19 PM
I bought a 8.5 x 20 last year and had local race car decal shop install decals on trailer. I am mowing grass as a part time gig, and ended last year with 8 yards. This season i retained all 8 yards and have added 23 within the last month. People call me as i am driving down the road to set up an estimate. I highly recommend advertising on your trailer.

freshcut419
03-16-2010, 10:56 PM
Lots of trailer were getting broke into in my storage lot some even twice in one summer wow I pulled mine out but eveywhere I called to store it they say the same thing dont leave anything in it ouch... See my pic no name on the side of it . I really want to have all 24 foot of it wraped and the back door to.

beck
03-16-2010, 11:31 PM
I have had both and enclosed trailer as well as a box truck with signs and lettering on them. Don't expect your phone to be ringing off the hook just because you have them on there. I still think it is a worthwhile investment though, because it will get your name out there and the more they see it the better.

letzgoblues
03-18-2010, 07:23 PM
What companies have you guys ordered letters from and prices? Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

beck
03-19-2010, 07:09 AM
craftsmen industries off of 370 and elm. they do graphics on semis as well as a lot of specialty items. they had the best price when I did it.

letzgoblues
03-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device