PDA

View Full Version : laser level slope degree calculation

xtreem3d
03-16-2010, 04:03 PM
hi guys,
probably going to buy a slope laser instead of a normal one but would like to double check some math. i know 2 sides of my imaginary right triangle . 2 feet high(side a) from level and 85 feet long(side c) on the hypotenus side so i use this online calculator http://www.csgnetwork.com/righttricalc.html to figure the last side and degrees of slope i would set the laser at. can someone confirm it would be 1.35 degree of slope to have my base remain flat for the full 85 feet of length? i assume most guys will need to meet point "a" to point "b" on a slope at some point building various walkways and want to know how you guys figure out what to set the laser at when you need the walk to remain flat (not level) on a sloping suface,
TIA
steve

xtreem3d
03-16-2010, 06:03 PM
would this be accurate? set laser up , measure story pole at high point of walkway (say it reads 3 feet) then take story pole to lowest point without moving the reciever and start to "dial in" the degrees on the laser until i get the solid tone at the 3 foot mark...then the laser should be set parralel to the grade of the slope?
steve