PDA

View Full Version : New spray hose...not happy

grass4gas
03-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Just tried out my spray hose today. I ordered a 300' roll of the yellow 1/2" 600 psi hose from Gregson-Clarke. The first thing I noticed about it was more plyable/flimsy than the old hose. Before I complain to them, I need some feed back.

Again, this hose is rated for a max of 600 psi. I'm spraying at 200 psi and the hose just twists and curls. It kinks up real bad. I am not happy. This is going to be a nightmare unless it stops doing this. And rewinding it...well I can't repeat what I was saying out there today.

The old hose was an original lesco hose from when I bought the spray rig in 2000. That hose, and the one on my other sprayer are identical... rated at 800 psi. My other sprayer still has the lesco hose that came with it and don't have any issues with it...not like the new one.

Is it just me, or any one else have this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks
Jack

SeedPro
03-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Is it a Synflex plastic hose? Or is it rubber.

R & R Yard Designs
03-17-2010, 11:59 PM
just call them and tell Rhett what is going on and he will take take care of you

RigglePLC
03-18-2010, 12:09 AM
New hose has more problems curling and twisting. Are you sure you don't have it twisted from when you put it on the reel? Probably stiff in cold weather and more flexible in hot weather. If you didn't unroll it all the way out before winding it onto the reel--it may be twisted about a hundred times.

brizine
03-18-2010, 01:53 AM
The difference is you bought a 600 psi hose and the old was 800 psi. There is a huge difference between the two.

greenbaylawns
03-18-2010, 02:09 AM
New hose has more problems curling and twisting. Are you sure you don't have it twisted from when you put it on the reel? Probably stiff in cold weather and more flexible in hot weather. If you didn't unroll it all the way out before winding it onto the reel--it may be twisted about a hundred times.

I agree. I Just replace a 300 ft 3/8 in about 40 degree temp and unwound it all the way down the sidewalk. Went on the reel nicely

grass4gas
03-18-2010, 07:03 AM
Is it a Synflex plastic hose? Or is it rubber.
It's the yellow 600 psi pvc/pu blend hose. Looks identical to my old hose.

Originally Posted by RigglePLC

I agree. I Just replace a 300 ft 3/8 in about 40 degree temp and unwound it all the way down the sidewalk. Went on the reel nicely

That is what I thought too. I unrolled it...was a warm suuny day and then rolled it up on the reel. My first job I probably pulled out 150 feet. As soon as I crank the pressure up to a whopping 200 psi LOL, this thing starting twisting and curling. As I unroll the twists and curls, new ones are forming. Because of all this I have kinks in it.

The difference is you bought a 600 psi hose and the old was 800 psi. There is a huge difference between the two.

I did not realize it was an 800 psi hose when I ordered the new one . Besides, I didn't think it would have been a big deal, since I don't go any higher than 300 psi, except on very rare occurences where I have gone as high as 400 psi.

just call them and tell Rhett what is going on and he will take take care of you

I will be calling them today. Just wanted some input from others to see if they had the same issues or not.

Jack

indyturf
03-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Will be easier to use when we have warmer temps. make sure when you make your turns your not turning the same direction every the time. you have to rotate the direction every other turn or you get the hose all twisted and kinked. I use to love training guys and telling them how to turn, the watch them get the hose tied in knots!!

grass4gas
03-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Will be easier to use when we have warmer temps. make sure when you make your turns your not turning the same direction every the time. you have to rotate the direction every other turn or you get the hose all twisted and kinked. I use to love training guys and telling them how to turn, the watch them get the hose tied in knots!!

This is the first time I have had to replace a hose since I bought my first sprayer back in 1994.

I mistakenly said it was from 2000, that was when I bought my second sprayer...that is the hose I kept.

I'll be using it tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes. It was almost 70 today, and will be again tomorrow.