PDA

View Full Version : Pine Straw Round Bale Test Load In GA

Pine Straw MD
03-18-2010, 02:44 PM
I make small round bales of pine straw. The diameter is 15" and the height is 24" The product is super clean and the bales have more straw then a handmade square. They are bound in untreated sissal twine.

Lowe's is looking to improve the quality of their pine straw. The first load is now at the Cartersville GA location off exit 290 on I-75. I'll be there tomorrow afternoon (3-19) and all day Saturday (3-20) representing the product.

I'd really like to get opinions from the professionals. I hope to see some forum members there.

If you want to contact me, the email address is: jasondunn@pinestrawmd.com

Jason

sbarnes
03-18-2010, 04:22 PM
sounds interesting. sent PM

greensolutions1
03-18-2010, 08:11 PM
how bout a pic

Pine Straw MD
03-18-2010, 08:28 PM
It keeps failing to upload. Send me your email address and I'll reply with pics.

Pine Straw MD
03-21-2010, 04:51 PM
The test load has done incredibly well. Since it arrived Tuesday, no one has bought any square bales, Lowe's wants to send the trailer of squares back, get 2 more trailers of round bales, and only carry the round ones from now on.

The feedback from customers that returned for more product was all positive.

There will be another test load going out this week to a different location and I will post where it is once I know.

Jason

Pine Straw MD
04-02-2010, 07:43 PM
There was a mix up in ordering for the second test load at the second store but it didn't make any difference.

Lowe's is adding a sku # for the product. It is now permanently at the Cartersville location and will gradually show up at a whole bunch of Lowe's stores over the next couple of years.

No complaints whatsoever by any customer. Cartersville is on its second trailer load of the week right now. The same square bale trailer is still there from when I originally started this thread.

I'll post the next location to receive a load when I find out.

Jason