PDA

View Full Version : Dual Hitch Extension?? Bad Idea??

CTmower
03-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Looking into buying a leaf loader for my setup and I'm stuck behind a rock and a hard place.. I have a single axle 14ft Big Tex trailer so with my two mowers its pretty packed. I have to decide which will be best.
1) Build a custom platform on the tongue of the trailer to mount the loader
2) Have a metal fab shot build me a custom mount to fit into my plow frame on the front. I checked and its Legal in CT to have int mounted on the front
3) Buy a newer 16' or 18' trailer
4) Buy a dual hitch receiver and a swing away hitch mount for the loader so i cant mount both the trailer and the loader. Found this one on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Buyers-Dual-Hitch-Extension/dp/B0000AXA4T

Ill be towing a Scag 61" TT, 48" Exmark WB, Little Wonder push blower + the loader on the second part of the hitch... Is this too much weight for a dual hitch?????

MikeKle
03-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Ive never seen a dual hitch before like that? You should be OK as long as you dont go over the tongue weight, An F250 should handle that.

cuttin-to-the-Max
03-28-2010, 02:39 PM
There is already a thread on this but i cant find it at the moment And they agreed that this is really just for holding a bike rack while you pull your little utility trailer its not supposed to handle the weight of a leaf loader and a trailer...

Ctll
03-28-2010, 03:18 PM
get a torklift superhitch. That is what I have on my truck, I use the bottom hitch for the drawbar and the top hitch for the mount on my truck loader. works great and I can drop trailer onsite and drive truck around to leaf piles to load because the loader is on truck instead of trailer.