PDA

View Full Version : Home Shows

procut
03-18-2010, 11:15 PM
All the home shows are starting around here now. I have never done a display, but always kind of wondered what results others have seen. I know it can be really costly, plus there are already lots of landscape contractors doing HUGE displays that would probably seriously outclass I would probably do.

Just curious what kind of results or expiriences anyone who has done this type of advertising has seen.

White Gardens
03-23-2010, 09:33 PM
All the home shows are starting around here now. I have never done a display, but always kind of wondered what results others have seen. I know it can be really costly, plus there are already lots of landscape contractors doing HUGE displays that would probably seriously outclass I would probably do.

Just curious what kind of results or expiriences anyone who has done this type of advertising has seen.

It is a good way to get your name out there though. You have a lot of people walking by your booth, so you are getting name recognition at the minimum.

I do agree though, they are expensive, and there is a lot of competition.

Now, the last couple of years I've done the local carnival in Danvers Il, where I reside. The last two years I've done it, I've snagged three reasonable landscaping jobs. The price is wayyyyyyyyyyy cheaper and I think this year I might travel around to the little towns on the outskirts of Bloomington/Normal and set up a booth at their carnivals. I feel I get more bang for my buck as there usually isn't any other scapers at those types of things.

http://www.orgsites.com/il/danvers-days/_pgg6.php3

Might be something as an alternative to consider.