PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Graphics for Fert Trailer Cost......

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
03-18-2010, 11:23 PM
I've got a 16x7 enclosed fert trailer needing lettered up. Was going to do both sides & back. 2 color vinyl (NOT a wrap, or printed graphics) consisting of large logo, some services listed, phone & web site. I've got quotes for ~$1,200 designed & installed. Does this seem high to you? Seems high to me:confused: Possibly I'm in the wrong business?

I'd get a few more quotes, but everyone wants to see it, measure it & lay it out first-taking a few days..... Seems like I could at least get a rough idea without going through all that crap.

Anyone else had recent experiences with lettering similar sized vehicle & have a ballpark on what it cost?

indyturf
03-18-2010, 11:35 PM
it does seem a little high. check with TKO Graphic's in Plainfield. they have done several trucks for me. my pick-up was about $800 and they are doing my box truck for around $900 installed. they do great work!

SeedPro
03-18-2010, 11:36 PM
I lettered my 20 x 8.5 last year with large name on sides, and back, and a wrap of grass about 18" tall around the bottom of the sides and back.

Mines also double layered because it has shading and to do that they print a black background to match the lettering and its offset to one side to make the shade effect.

I paid 1400 installed.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
03-18-2010, 11:40 PM
OK, Now those prices don't sound sooo far off. Seems like I saw somebody on here with same size trailer saying they got them done for $300 & installed themselves?

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
03-18-2010, 11:42 PM
it does seem a little high. check with TKO Graphic's in Plainfield. they have done several trucks for me. my pick-up was about $800 and they are doing my box truck for around $900 installed. they do great work!

Be a little far for me... I'm right on the Michigan line...

RigglePLC
03-19-2010, 12:21 PM
So if you are cheap--buy the stick-on vinyl letters at Office Max or order the letters online in the size you need. Try to mount 'em straight and spelled right.

SeedPro
03-19-2010, 12:49 PM
I forgot to mention mine has the phone number three times of course and also the website three times.

1200 for the best advertising you can buy is well worth it.

My trailer has smooth sides on it. Trailers with rivets need the rivets removed then re installed over the vinyl for a proper job.

Maple Wood
03-19-2010, 12:54 PM
Here is a link to a trailer that I just set up.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=306671&highlight=z+spray+trailer

I paid $250 for the lettering and did the install myself (with a friends help!)

I did 2 trailers at once so that helped the price. I am sure that they could ship. I did all the design approval via email.

SeedPro
03-19-2010, 01:00 PM
250 to print all that?

Bull crap.

Post the receipt and I'll believe you.

SeedPro
03-19-2010, 01:09 PM
Maybe I'll believe you. Probably not.

That's an awful lot of vinyl for 250 especially since you have a logo the size of a picture window.

ike1018
03-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Liberty, I just had a 14x7 enclosed trailer (smooth sides) done by Shadow Graphix in Indy (Speedway area). I had all 4 sides done, which included phone number, web address and logo as large as i could get it for $900 cash. They also did my DOT numbers for a truck as part of this. They do many of the race teams in Indy, police cars, ambulances, etc. They did a great job, high quality materials and were great to work with. TKO quoted me $1,400 and Dream Street $1250.

Maple Wood
03-19-2010, 02:02 PM
I lettered my 20 x 8.5 last year with large name on sides, and back, and a wrap of grass about 18" tall around the bottom of the sides and back.

Mines also double layered because it has shading and to do that they print a black background to match the lettering and its offset to one side to make the shade effect.

I paid 1400 installed.

Sounds like you got the shaft. Sorry.

SeedPro
03-19-2010, 02:07 PM
Sounds like you got the shaft. Sorry.

Thats why everyone else in here says 900 to 1400 or so but you got your old uhaul trailer done for 250.

You're full of it or you'd be posting that receipt right now.

Maple Wood
03-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Mr Seed Pro, I have the credit card receipt for 538.50 that I paid Eye Candy Graphics. It does not itemize the purchase; I will post it if the receipt is good enough for you. If not I will request a itemized invoice from Eye Candy to post here for your benefit. I guess it is cheap to have old U Haul trailer done:rolleyes:

SeedPro
03-19-2010, 05:46 PM
No big deal dude. Just find it hard to believe you got your vinyl at 15-25% the cost everyone else is getting bids for.

And from the number of PM's I got about this I am not the only one.

Have a great season!

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
03-19-2010, 08:13 PM
How much of the cost is installation? I did find a place online that claimed like ~$329 for 2 color on 3 sides of 16' trailer. Of course, I would have to design & install. But that's the least I have found it.

SeedPro
03-19-2010, 08:16 PM
All that junk is cheese ball thin low rent vinyl that fades in a year and the cost depends on how big the pieces are and what quality vinyl. Not how big the trailer is.

Get it done right. It's the best investment you can make.

rcreech
03-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Liberty,

Why are you against wrapping?

I think it looks a lot better then just vinyl lettering and it doesn't cost that much more!

Just curious!

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
03-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Liberty,

Why are you against wrapping?

I think it looks a lot better then just vinyl lettering and it doesn't cost that much more!

Just curious!

It's just too busy for me. I see many wrapped trailers & vehicles & they definitely stand out, but most times it seems like the simple message gets lost in all the glim & glam:)

And....... I'm just not sure this trailer is a permanent setup. Too big to get in small tight areas, yet too small to fit everything I want to carry. I hate to spend $2,500 on something I'll get rid of in a year or two... Maybe a box truck?

ike1018
03-19-2010, 09:22 PM
It's just too busy for me. I see many wrapped trailers & vehicles & they definitely stand out, but most times it seems like the simple message gets lost in all the glim & glam:)

I agree, most people are going to see you drive by while in a neighborhood and will need to pick out your phone number easily. Happened to me today, lady just saw me driving by and was able to pick up the phone number in just a few seconds. Graphics, etc. just add clutter and distract from the important
info. Of course an attractive and clear logo is important as well.

And....... I'm just not sure this trailer is a permanent setup. Too big to get in small tight areas, yet too small to fit everything I want to carry. I hate to spend $2,500 on something I'll get rid of in a year or two... Maybe a box truck?

box truck definitely the way to go.

A full wrap can be 3-4x as much as just doing your logo, phone and web address. Smooth sides on the trailer make a big difference, I was told that rivets would take 3to 4x more time than smooth sides to install. Shadow Graphix will take care of you. High quality materials, fair price, great guys to work with, clean & professional shop....just top knotch. I couldn't believe they were cheaper than the other 3 estimates I received.

GravelyGuy
03-19-2010, 10:13 PM
When I got my trucks done, they told me $550 to do my 24' enclosed. Not much design work to be done though. Just my logo, phone #, and two bullets with a couple words after each.

The paint scratches come free with the installs.:p

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
03-19-2010, 10:28 PM
I agree, most people are going to see you drive by while in a neighborhood and will need to pick out your phone number easily. Happened to me today, lady just saw me driving by and was able to pick up the phone number in just a few seconds. Graphics, etc. just add clutter and distract from the important
info. Of course an attractive and clear logo is important as well.

box truck definitely the way to go.

A full wrap can be 3-4x as much as just doing your logo, phone and web address. Smooth sides on the trailer make a big difference, I was told that rivets would take 3to 4x more time than smooth sides to install. Shadow Graphix will take care of you. High quality materials, fair price, great guys to work with, clean & professional shop....just top knotch. I couldn't believe they were cheaper than the other 3 estimates I received.

Sounds good, but that's 3 hrs. from me each way.....hauling an enclosed trailer. I suppose they wouldn't need it until it's time to put the graphics on-I imagine proofing could be all done via email.

TL1981
03-19-2010, 10:33 PM
I just have a small 12' enclosed and it only cost about $350 for 2 color three sides. I basically sent my logo/contact info and what I wanted to a local company along with a few pictures of the trailer and measurements. They overlayed the images on the pics and emailed them to me for approval. Picked them up a few days later and put em' on myself.

They are still as vivid as when they were first put on and none of the letters have peeled or cracked. :)

Tahoe1889
03-19-2010, 10:51 PM
figure it like this vinyl lettering should last 5-7 yrs without a problem and its a 7x16 billboard a 2" x 4" yellow page add only lasts a year and costs $200 so what is the advertising worth to you?

rcreech
03-20-2010, 10:30 PM
I don't have one problem spending the extra money on any truck lettering!

Even if you spend 2 grand...you may get that back the first year if not sooner and you are branding yourself!

It is all about looking good and professional IMO!

Lbilawncare
03-20-2010, 11:59 PM
I think your quote was decent considering they will have to set up your logo on the computer and "clean it up" to make their plotter cut it perfectly straight. I have mine done for a lot less, but I have worked with my sign guy for 15 years now and I get him a lot of work. Just make sure they use quality 3M Vinyl that will last, the cheap stuff will shrink and crack after a few years. Any way you look at it, it is money well spent.

Young Bros
03-21-2010, 12:17 AM
It was $1200 for us to do one truck in reflective and finished our other truck (maybe 25% of the other truck was added on that bill).

http://www.lawnsite.com/album.php?albumid=414

Maple Wood
03-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Here is the invoice to show the amount paid.