PDA

View Full Version : 1999 Ford Taurus

kandklandscape
03-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Working on a 99 ford taurus. Trying to figure out how to get the rack n pinion out of the car, we have all lines disconnected, all nuts now we just need to get it out of the car. Its almost like we need to lift the motor up slightly?

Im not exactly sure where to post this post at, so sorry if I put it in the wrong spot, any help would be appreciated.

360ci
03-20-2010, 10:00 AM
I have a '99 SE sedan and I know if I had to replace mine, it would be a hassle. I'm rarely under my Taurus to take that much notice, but I know that things are tight. This generation of Taurus was made to accept the larger 3.4L SHO V8 engine that came out in 1996. Ford of course simplified everything to keep production costs down. Sorry I can't help you further as my steering rack still performs great (did power steering fluid flush two years ago). But I couldn't describe to you what it looked like as it was a long time ago and I get under quite a few vehicles each year. I can't imagine that you'd have to remove the engine, even slightly to get the rack out, that doesn't sound right!

http://www.biodsl.com/images/ramps1.JPG