PDA

View Full Version : Lesco z Spray pump problems. No output at tips.

Doster's L & L
03-20-2010, 07:41 PM
I've had my Lesco Z Spray for about a month now. It's an 07-08 model with 60 hours on it. I was in the middle of spraying on my last lawn scheduled for the day and it just stopped spraying. The outflow volume didn't go from normal and then begin to slowly "dribble" out of the nozzels and then quit. It just simply quit. I couldn't get ANY output from the boom spray tips. I did seem to get a little bit out of the wand though. The pump still runs, but it seems like it isn't sucking mixture from the tank.

I checked the inline strainer and dumped a small amount of junk from it, but not enough that would keep it from operating right.

The operators manual said to look for a gate valve, but I have no idea what it is or where it's located. Nevertheless, I tried to feel for some kind of suction on both ends of the line and I felt no suction.

BTW, I have a 4.9 GPM Projet 4100-143 pump.

Thanks for the help.

SeedPro
03-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Check the mesh screens inside the nozzles for one.

When the pump is running and your flow nozzles and suction valves are closed is it recirculating mix into the tanks?

RigglePLC
03-20-2010, 08:45 PM
You may have lost prime in the pump. Try it with a full tank of water and try to eliminate any air from the suction side of the pump supply. Clean the filters at the nozzles or at least take the nozzles off to check for flow. Is there any flow from the pressure relief valve? Is there any inside-the-tank filter? Sounds like you may have sucked something into the pump, some kind of residue that plugged it up. But could be electrical--be sure the pump is running and the wires and connections are tight and clean. Look for any sign of corrosion. Check the voltage--do you have 12.7 volts? At the battery? At the pump?

Doster's L & L
03-20-2010, 10:22 PM
When the pump is running and your flow nozzles and suction valves are closed is it recirculating mix into the tanks?

I'm not sure if I know what flow nozzels and suction valves are. :confused: Is the flow nozzel the same thing as the spray tip? :confused: Is the suction valve the valves that determine which set of tips turn or off? I know this is elementary stuff that you're saying, I just want to make sure I'm following you. :rolleyes: Actually, I didn't turn off any valves to return it back to the tank. I probably should've given it the benefit of a doubt to try that before I took the pump off to attempt cleaning it out.

Is there any inside-the-tank filter?

I'll have to check that out to see if I have a filter inside the tank. It will be more like a screen, right?

But could be electrical--be sure the pump is running and the wires and connections are tight and clean. Look for any sign of corrosion. Check the voltage--do you have 12.7 volts? At the battery? At the pump?

Yeah, The pump is running good and strong, There's just no suction.