PDA

View Full Version : Snapshot application in liriope

sigwag69
03-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Any suggestions or tips on apps. of snapshot. Can it be applied over the top of liriope, mondo, asiatic jamine, and other groundcover? Suggestions please?

greendoctor
03-21-2010, 12:53 AM
I prefer liquid over granular anything when applying to mondo or liriope. Reason is, the effect and selectivity of a product changes when a granule containing concentrated herbicide is stuck on the growing point of that type of plant. I have good results applying a combination of Dimension or Barricade and Gallery. Another useful herbicide is Ronstar Flo, not Ronstar G. Ronstar fries the hell out of most broadleaf weeds when they are small, do not expect it to kill anything that is big enough to grab with your hand. It will cause a little spotting and bleaching of mondo, but that rapidly outgrown. Other point to observe is anything applied to mondo or liriope should really be watered in ASAP. In fact, I will not service mondo that is not on an automated irrigation system that covers completely and uniformly.

sigwag69
03-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Doc, Thank you! That has been my greatest concern in regards to the residual effect of the granular. I do have a 2.5 of dimension and have been itching to use it. Do you mix a surfactant with this? In regards to the Barricade and Gallery mix, if I have read your thread correctly, what is the mixture rate per gallon of water? Lastly, I do water in all of my herbicide apps, excellent point. Thanks again for the help.

grassman177
03-21-2010, 11:21 AM
just as a note, we used snapshot over liriope for years with no affects whatsoever, youwould be safe there, the other plants i cant speak for though

greendoctor
03-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Mondo is sensitive to everything. I also need to caution on root pruning herbicides in mondo. Their roots are very close to the surface.