PDA

View Full Version : Rash from Rubber Gloves

Young Bros
03-21-2010, 01:42 AM
About a year ago I got a rash on my hands from rubber gloves. Doc gave me some steriod cream to put on. Doc said to switch to cotton line gloves, but I thought those were not good for chemicals. Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?
:waving:
:o

greendoctor
03-21-2010, 02:16 AM
What kind of rubber? I will only use heavy weight green nitrile gloves. No pvc, neoprene, or latex. For one thing, many of the products I use will burn through solvent soluble materials.

a plus bob
03-21-2010, 09:54 AM
The lined ones absorb sweat and will smell like a$$ by the end of the day.I wear a tight pair of latex inside my nitrile gloves and that helps.I can wright invoices with them on,and change them after breaks or lunch.

Young Bros
03-21-2010, 12:01 PM
The lined ones absorb sweat and will smell like a$$ by the end of the day.I wear a tight pair of latex inside my nitrile gloves and that helps.I can wright invoices with them on,and change them after breaks or lunch.

Ill try that this season. The cream just suppresses it, does not get rid of it.

Young Bros
03-21-2010, 12:02 PM
What kind of rubber? I will only use heavy weight green nitrile gloves. No pvc, neoprene, or latex. For one thing, many of the products I use will burn through solvent soluble materials.

I have tried a couple pairs, the green nitrile, black ones, ect.

grassman177
03-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Ill try that this season. The cream just suppresses it, does not get rid of it.

that just sounds bad now doesnt it:laugh:

grassman177
03-21-2010, 12:20 PM
we use the green nitrile and have not had issues, but i had to buy some on the fly the other day that were i think pvc or vinyl, cant remember. they were lined which is a no no but i had to have somthing and they made my hands break out and even sore to the touch. i dont have a clue why except maybe the lining was abrasive. anyways, thought i would share

phasthound
03-21-2010, 12:22 PM
we use the green nitrile and have not had issues, but i had to buy some on the fly the other day that were i think pvc or vinyl, cant remember. they were lined which is a no no but i had to have somthing and they made my hands break out and even sore to the touch. i dont have a clue why except maybe the lining was abrasive. anyways, thought i would share

Don't share, keep those gloves to yourself! :)

txgrassguy
03-21-2010, 02:09 PM
For heavy duty use like towing a hose and tree spraying I use two pairs of gloves.
A cheap brown cotton jersey glove inside of a elbow length pair of neoprene gloves.
I buy the cheap gloves in bulk for around $.35 a pair and may occasionally wash them but when they become frayed I toss 'em.
I had never had sensitive hands but my hands inside of the neoprene elbow length gloves would become sweaty causing the gloves to slide effecting my grip on the spray gun.
I do know about some people being allergic to latex and some forms of pvc impregnated gloves.

phasthound
03-21-2010, 03:37 PM
For heavy duty use like towing a hose and tree spraying I use two pairs of gloves.
A cheap brown cotton jersey glove inside of a elbow length pair of neoprene gloves.
I buy the cheap gloves in bulk for around $.35 a pair and may occasionally wash them but when they become frayed I toss 'em.
I had never had sensitive hands but my hands inside of the neoprene elbow length gloves would become sweaty causing the gloves to slide effecting my grip on the spray gun.
I do know about some people being allergic to latex and some forms of pvc impregnated gloves.

Wearing absorbent gloves under protective gloves is not approved for PPE because cloth will keep pesticides in contact with your hands. If you get any under the protective glove, and immediately replace the contaminated glove & wash the neoprene on you should be OK.